mattressunderground logo
× Welcome to the Expert advice section of the forum. Any mattress questions are welcome.... but make sure you've read the Mattress Shopping tutorial linked in the top right of the page:)

Want advice on hybrid mattress

03 Aug 2019 09:09 - 03 Aug 2019 09:14 #1 by MHC
I had a couple of posts over a the main forum and Sensei said to talk to you guys and to Luma.

Here are the two posts. How would you recommend we move forward?

www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-...html?start=420#82189

Sensei's answer to the first one:
www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-...html?start=420#82328

www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-...html?start=430#82362
Last edit: 03 Aug 2019 09:14 by MHC. Reason: Added correct link

06 Aug 2019 08:31 #2 by MHC
Replied by MHC on topic Want advice on hybrid mattress
And here's Sensei's second reply.

I'm going to buy from either you or Luma. So, let's talk about getting me what I need and going from there.

www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-...html?start=430#82410

07 Aug 2019 10:38 #3 by Arizona Premium
Call me to discuss options 888-773-7326

07 Aug 2019 13:18 #4 by Spartan1685
I feel like a potato, but am new to the site and was trying to post a question. I don't see a post button only an action button in each thread. Any help appreciated. Sorry for posting in this thread!
-Chris

29 Aug 2019 13:22 #6 by eliotb
Hi experts, I would appreciate advice on my search for a mattress that will provide a good balance between back/hip support and pressure point pain. I am 66, 150 pounds, 5'10", and a side sleeper. I am currently using a Sealy A3 cushion firm inner spring mattress, purchased in 2016. It was okay until this past year when I started having pressure pain at hips and shoulders. To soften it I bought a 2 inch 20 ILD latex topper from Sleep on Latex. It was too soft and I replaced it with their 1 inch 20 ILD. It also was too soft, and I didn't like the feeling of sinking in to the topper. I now have 1 inch of Foam by Mail's HD36-HQ poly foam, which relieves pressure points but doesn't provide enough lower back/hip support. I am thinking that it is time to start from scratch and consider a new mattress. It seems that perhaps a hybrid is the way to go. I don't like sleeping directly on top of memory foam because of the heat and sinking feeling, and soft latex and I haven't gotten along thus far due to sinking. I would appreciate any tips on mattresses that have worked for other members who have similar issues. Thanks in advance.

29 Aug 2019 16:52 #7 by Arizona Premium
Sounds to me like a pocket coil hybrid with a 3" medium Talalay would be a good choice. Good back support from the springs and pressure relief from the latex. Normally I would recommend soft Talalay but with your input from the Sleep On Latex experience I think medium would be the better choice.

29 Aug 2019 17:04 #8 by eliotb
Ken, many thanks for your helpful advice. Does Arizona have a hybrid mattress like you describe?
Eliot

29 Aug 2019 18:55 - 29 Aug 2019 18:57 #9 by Sweet Dreams
Eliot - Just trying to be helpful... that would be their Ultimate Hybrid .
- Bill
Last edit: 29 Aug 2019 18:57 by Sweet Dreams.

29 Aug 2019 20:13 #10 by eliotb
Thanks Bill.

• FREE Consumer Membership & Price Discounts

Offered to consumers who Create an Account to register on OUR FORUM to ask questions or share mattress related experiences. Additionally, Consumer Members of TMU will receive discounts/bonuses from some of the best quality/value Mattress Manufacturers in North America.

• CONNECTING Consumers with Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers

The Mattress Underground (TMU) website connects consumers with the most Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers throughout North America. All TMU Members have agreed to provide TMU consumer members price discounts/bonus higher or equal to all other discounts offered throughout the Internet.

• For eCommerce purchases, please check here for the unique discount code(s) offered by each of the TMU Trusted members.
      • When purchasing locally simply present the referral certificate provided by the TMU Trusted Member linked above or mention “The Mattress Underground” when visiting their store.

• QUALITY Manufacturers & KNOWLEDGEABLE Retailers

The Business membership of this site is by invitation only and is only offered when we are satisfied that what you offer places you in the upper tier of mattress manufacturers & retailers across North America in terms of quality, knowledge & transparency, and service. If you believe that your company meets the quality/value criteria please complete and submit the PMAF form here to start the review process.

Membership Requirements

• Membership Disclosure

The Mattress Underground offers free consumer membership & paid membership for select mattress manufacturers or retailers. Member dues/fees are our source of income as The Mattress Underground is expensive to operate and employs people. For those manufacturers or retailers that have been invited to become members, and for any consumer that wishes to find their "best fit" mattress, we hope you choose to take advantage of what TMU offers as we believe the value of our services and information, our willingness and ability to work on behalf of and connect educated consumers with the better retailers and manufacturers across the US and Canada, are second to none on the internet. Mattress manufacturer and retailer memberships are available for companies that sell directly to consumers, but are by invitation only.

In order to ensure full transparency with our readers, we’d like to disclose the following about our member relationships:

• Consumer have free membership but can voluntarily donate to helping TMU operate.
    • Mattress retailers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees.
    • Mattress manufacturers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees
    More information about the benefits and services that TMU members receive can be found on the Our Services page of this website