mattressunderground logo
× Welcome to the Expert advice section of the forum. Any mattress questions are welcome.... but make sure you've read the Mattress Shopping tutorial linked in the top right of the page:)

Construction of the Eco Sleep

11 Mar 2020 09:52 #1 by mapistrum
Hi,

I've been looking at the Eco Sleep hybrid mattress and it looks like a great affordable option for a latex hybrid. First off, what material is inside the top portion of the zippered mattress cover that comes with the mattress? Is it some sort of batting? Also, I know that the eco sleep uses bolsa coils compared to the ultimate hybrid model which uses the more expensive combizone coils. I read in a post earlier that while the bolsa doesn't have the same edge support technology as the combizone, the edge coils on the bolsa are still slightly firmer. Would you say this slight edge support is sufficient? Is slumping off a problem on bolsa coils?

Thank you for your responses.

11 Mar 2020 10:29 #2 by happycat8
Ecosleep costs $1249 in queen. For $860 your can get what I think is a better mattress, either Cocoa-Firm of Cocoa-Soft from Yankee Mattress here . They use Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa coils with edge support, plus coils are 8'', so will contour to your body better. Ecosleep is flippable, but I doubt you will sleep on 1.5'' layer of firm latex. Yankee mattress also has quilting foam in the cover, which is what Nest hybrid latex also uses, so it should be more comfortable. I've read people complain on this website that wool on latex can be a bit too firm. Yankee's satisfaction guarantee policy is also the best I've seen. I ordered it a few days ago, can not wait to try it out.

11 Mar 2020 11:05 #3 by Arizona Premium
Dear Happycat8, the EcoSleep sleep this person is referring to is the one we make (APM) which has a cost of $749 Queen size. The question was directed at me and your response promoting a different item from another manufacturer is not appropriate in my opinion because you are providing information that was not asked for. Perhaps you were not aware that APM introduced the EcoSleep years ago. EcoSleep is a generic term so anyone can use it but this user was commenting on our version not Brooklyn or Yankee or anyone else.

11 Mar 2020 11:24 #4 by happycat8
Hi Ken, when I googled Ecosleep, Brooklyn came up, so I didn't realize it was your mattress. Why can't I promote another mattress which I just ordered after a lot of research and which I wish I knew about earlier? I found it accidentally and find it very competitive with any other hydrid latex mattress, so I believe it deserves to be better known. By the way, it is very competitive with your Ecosleep as well, because it uses 8'' QE Elite Bolsa coils rather than 6'', and it has 1.5'' foam in the cover which some people might prefer to wool. Do I violate some policy of themattressunderground? I am happy to email my mattress invoice to the site administrator as a proof that I am just a customer who is mentioning a possible option to other customers.

11 Mar 2020 11:34 #5 by happycat8
By the way, your Ecosleep version with QE Bolsa 6'' coils costs $845 for a more fair comparison.

11 Mar 2020 12:58 #6 by Arizona Premium
If you want a fair comparison show me the Joma Wool. I don't think you understand how expensive it is compared to 1.5 ILD gel foam which is 100% chemical. Show me the zippered cover which allows you to make a comfort exchange now or years down the road. They use several inches of poly foam above and below the natural dunlop latex which negates the whole reason why most people want natural latex, no harsh chemicals! Do you know what MT latex ILD @ 25%: 11.5 - 14.5 feels like? Mush! Now you have a fair comparison and further more our Bolsa Queen spring has 1041 coils not 932.

11 Mar 2020 13:23 #7 by happycat8
Yankee Cocoa Mattress line has QE Bolsa with 1057 coils. I asked them about this discrepancy and they just forgot to update the website. Their Cocoa-Firm has 21-24 ild, not mush. Your wool cover is very nice, I agree. But I found a comment in the discussion of Nest Latex Hybrid (cannot find it now) saying that wool cover felt too firm on latex. And then there is a comment from Nest (see Comment #30 here ) that comfort was exactly the reason why they redesigned their mattress and added 1.5'' quilting foam into the cover, exactly like Yankee Mattress. Cocoa-Firm from Yankee Mattress does not have foam below or above latex layer, only in the cover quilting for comfort. So it's apples and oranges, but to me they are close enough to consider Yankee Mattress over Arizona Premium. And at the end of the day, professionally put together mattress (with all layers nicely attached) was more attractive to me than the ability to unzip the cover, especially, given by far better 100% satisfaction guarantee policy, where you don't even have to ship back the mattress.

11 Mar 2020 13:29 #8 by happycat8
By the way, Ken, can you please answer mapistrum's questions? I think in our discussion, you forgot about the OP.

11 Mar 2020 13:51 #9 by Sensei
Hey happycat8,

Happycat8, I would like to respond directly to your post and question. I concur with Ken Hightower in support of the trusted member program: it is inappropriate for a consumer to respond to another consumer's question with another manufacturer's product/ referral information within that expert trusted member's forum space. The "Ask an Expert" program offers a unique consumer-to-industry expert opportunity where our subscribers ask questions and receive support directly from mattress manufacturers/ retailers chosen by the Mattress Underground for their years of expertise, knowledge and best practices in the industry. In short, when a consumer asks a trusted member direct questions about their products, kindly allow that trusted member a response regarding that particular question/ product. Opinions afterwards are always welcome and part of what is encouraged.

The TMU Forum prides itself on being a "lightly moderated" space where consumers may openly share their questions, research and experiences regarding mattresses, components, brands, etc. No one here minds your chatting about your new mattress purchase (BTW, congrats :) ). That said, please keep in mind that the repetitive product referrals and link sharing you are doing among the expert members' forums feel "promotional" and "spammy", clearly not in the spirit of the General Forum rules. Also, several of your posts addressing expert members' responses sound a bit confrontational and seem unrelated to OPs original questions, creating confusion and distraction for other consumers following. We welcome different points of view here at the TMU and only ask that everyone respect each other and use common courtesy when asking or responding to questions.

Thanks,
Sensei

Sensei(@ TMU Team)

11 Mar 2020 14:08 #10 by happycat8
Dear Sensei,

I am sorry, I didn't not see that Arizona Premium was asked directly. How can one tell to whom the question was addressed? In the future I will avoid chiming in on such "Ask and Expert" questions.

I am also sorry if my posts sounded confrontational, which I did not mean. In fact, AP's very first response to me sounded confrontational. After that, I tried to politely defend my choice of mattress without using disparaging words (such as "mush", "you don't understand", etc.) But I do understand that words online sometime sound harsher than intended, so I'll be more careful.

Moderators: Arizona Premium

• FREE Consumer Subscription & Purchase Discounts

Offered to consumers who Create an Account to register on OUR FORUM to ask questions or share mattress related experiences. Additionally, TMU Consumer Subscribers receive discounts/bonuses from some of the best quality/value Mattress Manufacturers & Retailers in North America.

• CONNECTING Consumers with Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers

The Mattress Underground (TMU) website connects consumers with the most Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers throughout North America. All TMU Members have agreed to provide TMU consumer subscrilbers price discounts/bonus higher or equal to all other discounts offered on their own sites or throughout the Internet.

• For eCommerce purchases, please check here for the unique discount code(s) offered by each TMU Trusted member.
      • When purchasing locally simply present the referral certificate provided by the TMU Trusted Member linked above or mention “The Mattress Underground” when visiting their store.

• QUALITY Manufacturers & KNOWLEDGEABLE Retailers

The Business membership of this site is by invitation and is only offered when we are satisfied that what you offer places you in the upper tier of mattress manufacturers & retailers across North America in terms of quality, knowledge & transparency, and service. If you believe that your company meets the quality/value criteria please complete and submit the PMAF form here to start the review process.

Membership Requirements

• Membership Disclosure

The Mattress Underground offers free consumer subscription & paid membership for select mattress manufacturers or retailers. Member dues/fees are our source of income as The Mattress Underground is expensive to operate and employs people. For those manufacturers or retailers that have been invited to become members, and for any consumer that wishes to find their "best fit" mattress, we hope you choose to take advantage of what TMU offers as we believe the value of our services and information, our willingness and ability to work on behalf of and connect educated consumers with the better retailers and manufacturers across the US and Canada, are second to none on the internet. Mattress manufacturer and retailer memberships are available for companies that sell directly to consumers, but are by invitation only.

In order to ensure full transparency with our readers, we’d like to disclose the following about our member relationships:

• Consumers have free subscription but can voluntarily donate to help TMU operate.
    • Mattress retailers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees.
    • Mattress manufacturers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees
    More information about the benefits and services that TMU members receive can be found on the Our Services page of this website