Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

DIY Build - Layer thickness and density question 18 Oct 2021 15:05 #1

Our existing memory foam mattress is about 8 years old and its sunk in so bad I feel like I’m sleeping in a crater lately. I’ve had lower back pain for years now and am looking for something with some good lower back support.

I am 6’ tall, 170lbs. Wife is 5’7”, 120lbs. We are both combination back and side sleepers.

I’m considering the Combi-Zone Pocket Coil base as it appears to provide extra support in the middle which I’m hoping will help with my lower back.

The latex layers are where I’m needing some assistance. My wife and I both want a mattress that isn’t too soft where we sink in and its difficult to roll over, but also don't want it too firm. So I was thinking of getting 2 Talalay Latex layers – one latex “medium” layer and one latex “soft” layer, thinking that if we find the medium too firm that we could switch the order of the layers. Is this an advisable strategy? Also, what thickness of layers would be recommended, is there an advantage of going with two 3” vs 2” layers, or a combination of both 2” and 3”? I would like the height of the mattress to be somewhere in the 13-15” range so. My thought right now is the combi-zone base with two 3" talalay latex layers (one medium, one soft.. or should we go with one firm, one medium?)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

DIY Build - Layer thickness and density question 18 Oct 2021 17:02 #2

I think I may have answered you on a different platform earlier today however if not then I would advise in either a 2" soft and 2" medium or better yet would be 3" of each. Either way you will have the choice as to which one works best on top. One firm and one medium would be better for someone much heavier than either of you.

DIY Build - Layer thickness and density question 03 Nov 2021 12:43 #3

Don’t buy any latex, coils or covers from Arizona Mattress

DIY Build - Layer thickness and density question 03 Nov 2021 12:45 #4

See ya!!

DIY Build - Layer thickness and density question 03 Nov 2021 13:13 #5

Now you’re mad at your customer? LMAO What did you expect? I spent a lot on your products and had to return them because they are BAD.
See ya? You won’t ever see me again buying from you. LIAR
P.s Now my job is to warn people here so they don’t fall in the trap. Get ready i won’t stop

DIY Build - Layer thickness and density question 03 Nov 2021 15:24 #6

Hi Ntoni.

You will stop, because we do not allow this kind of abusive behavior on The Mattress Underground. We do not exist for you to harass our Trusted Members and hijack informative threads. You are banned and blocked from using The Mattress Underground.

NikkiTMU
Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read The Mattress Shopping Tutorial. . Click here for TMU Discount Codes if purchasing from Our Trusted Members.

Moderators: Arizona Premium
The Mattress UndergroundCopyright © 2021 The Mattress Underground.