mattressunderground logo
×
The first place to start your research is the Mattress Shopping Tutorial linked in the top right corner.
Select the Search Forum tab above to gain access to answers to many mattress related questions.
Select the Ask An Expert tab above to reach out to any of our Expert Members for guidance and advice.

Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress

13 Jul 2014 15:37 #1 by sugarwolf
Hello, I am new to this site and have been slightly overwhelmed by all of the information! Anyway, I have recently been considering a new mattress and would love some advice, and additional input. Honestly, I tried a couple tempurpedics and thought they were awesome (at least compared to my current mattress)., but after doing some reading here (and reading some horribly dissatisfied reviews from tempurpedic owners)...I decided to shy away from that manufacturer.
I am a pretty active and healthy young man (29) with some history of back problems (crushed disc 9 years ago) with a budget of around 2000$. I live in Mendocino, Ca. was considering Flobeds, but they are slightly out of my price range. I recently found The botanical bliss, which is a fairly natural latex mattress, and was hoping someone here may have had some experience with them. I have some specs that I will list below, from bottom to top. Thanks so much for your help!

Spruce Foundation
6" Natural Dunlop Latex core
3" Natural Talalay Latex layer
1" New Zealand Wool
Cotton Cover

13 Jul 2014 16:14 - 28 Oct 2014 12:41 #2 by Phoenix
Hi sugarwolf,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ... I'm glad you found us :)

Just in case you haven't read it yet ... the best place to start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices ... and know how and why to avoid the worst ones and to make meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Plushbeds uses good quality and durable materials in their mattresses (natural or organic Dunlop and Talalay latex) and they would certainly be a "better than average" choice compared to most of the mainstream mattresses that most people end up buying. They do a lot of internet advertising so they do attract a lot of online attention for those that are looking for a latex mattress.

There are other options that use the same or similar materials however that you may also want to consider either because of a lower cost, different designs or types of latex, or because they provide more options before or after a purchase to customize your mattress and rearrange or exchange individual layers and that for most of the forum members here that know about the many options that are available to them may be better "value" yet. The tutorial post includes this link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online and many of these sell latex mattresses with a wide range of options, designs, types of latex, return or exchange options, and prices that would also be well worth considering so you can make a choice that is the best match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

A forum search on Plushbeds (you can just click the link) will also bring up much more information and feedback about them.

Flobeds is one of the members here and is also relatively local to you and they have some unique designs (including their vZone which allows you to customize the zoning of the mattress not just the layering) and there is also "value" in being able to test a mattress in person.

Last edit: 28 Oct 2014 12:41 by Phoenix.

14 Jul 2014 08:37 #3 by sugarwolf
Thanks so much for TONS of info, and the quick response! I appreciate it and know you have definitely helped me make a better choice towards many better nights sleep =)

14 Jul 2014 10:52 #4 by Phoenix
Hi sugarwolf,

I'm looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :)

21 Feb 2015 18:36 #5 by Wrewster
Crickets chirping...........I'd like to know what sugarwolf decided on and after this much time that has lapsed, if they are completely satisfied with there decision ( even though this may differ than my opinion) see I am listening Phoenix, lol..

22 Feb 2015 07:09 #6 by Wrewster
Phoenix, Plush beds should become a member here don't you agree?

22 Feb 2015 08:16 #7 by Phoenix
Hi Wrewster,

Phoenix, Plush beds should become a member here don't you agree?

I'm not sure they would qualify but if they did it's something I would discuss with them and not with one of the members here.

You can see my thoughts about them earlier in this topic which I also linked in my earlier reply to you here

It would be helpful if you only asked the same questions once and read the answer rather than asking the same question in different ways on multiple occasions in multiple topics.

• FREE Consumer Membership & Price Discounts

Offered to consumers who Create an Account to register on OUR FORUM to ask questions or share mattress related experiences. Additionally, Consumer Members of TMU will receive discounts/bonuses from some of the best quality/value Mattress Manufacturers in North America.

• CONNECTING Consumers with Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers

The Mattress Underground (TMU) website connects consumers with the most Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers throughout North America. All TMU Members have agreed to provide TMU consumer members price discounts/bonus higher or equal to all other discounts offered throughout the Internet.

• For eCommerce purchases, please check here for the unique discount code(s) offered by each of the TMU Trusted members.
      • When purchasing locally simply present the referral certificate provided by the TMU Trusted Member linked above or mention “The Mattress Underground” when visiting their store.

• QUALITY Manufacturers & KNOWLEDGEABLE Retailers

The Business membership of this site is by invitation only and is only offered when we are satisfied that what you offer places you in the upper tier of mattress manufacturers & retailers across North America in terms of quality, knowledge & transparency, and service. If you believe that your company meets the quality/value criteria please complete and submit the PMAF form here to start the review process.

Membership Requirements

• Membership Disclosure

The Mattress Underground offers free consumer membership & paid membership for select mattress manufacturers or retailers. Member dues/fees are our source of income as The Mattress Underground is expensive to operate and employs people. For those manufacturers or retailers that have been invited to become members, and for any consumer that wishes to find their "best fit" mattress, we hope you choose to take advantage of what TMU offers as we believe the value of our services and information, our willingness and ability to work on behalf of and connect educated consumers with the better retailers and manufacturers across the US and Canada, are second to none on the internet. Mattress manufacturer and retailer memberships are available for companies that sell directly to consumers, but are by invitation only.

In order to ensure full transparency with our readers, we’d like to disclose the following about our member relationships:

• Consumer have free membership but can voluntarily donate to helping TMU operate.
    • Mattress retailers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees.
    • Mattress manufacturers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees
    More information about the benefits and services that TMU members receive can be found on the Our Services page of this website