Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress 13 Jul 2014 15:37 #1

Hello, I am new to this site and have been slightly overwhelmed by all of the information! Anyway, I have recently been considering a new mattress and would love some advice, and additional input. Honestly, I tried a couple tempurpedics and thought they were awesome (at least compared to my current mattress)., but after doing some reading here (and reading some horribly dissatisfied reviews from tempurpedic owners)...I decided to shy away from that manufacturer.
I am a pretty active and healthy young man (29) with some history of back problems (crushed disc 9 years ago) with a budget of around 2000$. I live in Mendocino, Ca. was considering Flobeds, but they are slightly out of my price range. I recently found The botanical bliss, which is a fairly natural latex mattress, and was hoping someone here may have had some experience with them. I have some specs that I will list below, from bottom to top. Thanks so much for your help!

Spruce Foundation
6" Natural Dunlop Latex core
3" Natural Talalay Latex layer
1" New Zealand Wool
Cotton Cover

Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress 13 Jul 2014 16:14 #2

Hi sugarwolf,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! ... I'm glad you found us :)

Just in case you haven't read it yet ... the best place to start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices ... and know how and why to avoid the worst ones and to make meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Plushbeds uses good quality and durable materials in their mattresses (natural or organic Dunlop and Talalay latex) and they would certainly be a "better than average" choice compared to most of the mainstream mattresses that most people end up buying. They do a lot of internet advertising so they do attract a lot of online attention for those that are looking for a latex mattress.

There are other options that use the same or similar materials however that you may also want to consider either because of a lower cost, different designs or types of latex, or because they provide more options before or after a purchase to customize your mattress and rearrange or exchange individual layers and that for most of the forum members here that know about the many options that are available to them may be better "value" yet. The tutorial post includes this link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online and many of these sell latex mattresses with a wide range of options, designs, types of latex, return or exchange options, and prices that would also be well worth considering so you can make a choice that is the best match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

A forum search on Plushbeds (you can just click the link) will also bring up much more information and feedback about them.

Flobeds is one of the members here and is also relatively local to you and they have some unique designs (including their vZone which allows you to customize the zoning of the mattress not just the layering) and there is also "value" in being able to test a mattress in person.

Last edit: by phoenix.

Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress 14 Jul 2014 08:37 #3

Thanks so much for TONS of info, and the quick response! I appreciate it and know you have definitely helped me make a better choice towards many better nights sleep =)

Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress 14 Jul 2014 10:52 #4

Hi sugarwolf,

I'm looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :)

Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress 21 Feb 2015 18:36 #5

Crickets chirping...........I'd like to know what sugarwolf decided on and after this much time that has lapsed, if they are completely satisfied with there decision ( even though this may differ than my opinion) see I am listening Phoenix, lol..

Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress 22 Feb 2015 07:09 #6

Phoenix, Plush beds should become a member here don't you agree?

Plushbeds.com Botanical Bliss pure latex mattress 22 Feb 2015 08:16 #7

Hi Wrewster,

Phoenix, Plush beds should become a member here don't you agree?

I'm not sure they would qualify but if they did it's something I would discuss with them and not with one of the members here.

You can see my thoughts about them earlier in this topic which I also linked in my earlier reply to you here

It would be helpful if you only asked the same questions once and read the answer rather than asking the same question in different ways on multiple occasions in multiple topics.