× Welcome! Any mattress questions are welcome here ... but make sure you've read the mattress shopping tutorial linked in the top right of the page :).

normal Green Choice Mattress at Denver Mattress

12 Jul 2012 00:08 #1 by dunbroke

1st of all I want to say your site is fabulous in helping people like me find a mattress. Who know how stressful this can be! I stopped by Denver Mattress today and the salesman had me lay on a Green Choice Meditation Mattress. Unfortunately I didn't get the specs on this since I thought I might be able to come home and research it more fully. No luck though. He said they are imported in. That in itself makes me skeptical on the value of it. It's priced at $629, also a big concern I have. Have you heard anything on these mattresses. He said he doesn't know how they are holding up since they've only had them a short time but he's sold a lot of them to people that have come in and bought a 2nd for their house. Do you have any info on these mattresses? At this point I know anything is better than what I have and am ready to sleep on the floor if I don't get something soon. At this price maybe it's a "throw away" but who knows?

12 Jul 2012 04:58 #2 by Phoenix

Hi dunbroke,

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the "green choice" mattresses at Denver. If you click on green choice on their site the only mattress that comes up is the Snowmass. Without knowing the materials and layers there is really no way for me to make any meaningful comments.

There may also be some other good sleep shops or factory direct direct outlets in your area that are worth including in your research (unless you've already seen a thread that lists them) and if you let me know your zip or city I'd be happy to take a look and let you know of any I'm aware of.

Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read this post first.

12 Jul 2012 12:27 #3 by dunbroke

Thank you very much. It's 67570.

12 Jul 2012 20:12 - 06 Aug 2015 08:15 #4 by Phoenix

Hi dunbroke,

There are two factory direct manufacturers in Wichita I'm aware of (one of which is Denver Mattress which you mentioned) ...

www.furniturerow.com/locations/locations...ate.jsp?state=Kansas Regional factory direct manufacturer which makes a range of mattresses including innersprings, hybrids, and two iChoice models which are mostly latex but give you the option of a latex or memory foam comfort layer.. I would avoid the major brands that they also carry.

www.sleeplevel.com/ Local factory direct outlet with a warehouse in Wichita but you can go there to test their mattresses. I spoke with Mark the owner and he is trying to do things "right". They are a newer company that is sold mainly through various shows and displays in the region. They use high quality materials in their mattresses but are in a more premium price range compared to some other factory direct manufacturers. They would be worth including in your testing if you are looking at mattresses in the iComfort budget range (they compare favorably to these in quality and value) but I would make some careful "value" comparisons. Their website prices are higher than they actually charge at tradeshows and local displays so make sure if you go here that you ask them for their discounted prices.

There are some local retail outlets which may also have some better value (on a "mattress by mattress" basis and depending on the prices they sell for and the materials inside them of course). These may be more difficult to shop though because they may not be willing or able to tell you the type of information that you need to know about the materials inside their mattresses to identify any weak links in terms of quality/durability or to make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. I've listed them with the brands they may carry (according to their website) that may have some better value (depending on their prices and materials) but I would recommend a call first to make sure you feel comfortable with them and "interview" them along the lines of this article before you go there.

www.bedsforlesswichita.com/ Restonic, Easy Rest, American Bedding

www.hickersonfurniturewichita.com/ Restonic

www.hortonsfurniture.com/ Restonic (healthrest latex and gel)

Denver Mattress may be your best value in the area and the easiest to find the information you need to make good choices but these are the ones that I would also include or at least call if you wanted to broaden your search.

Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read this post first.
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2015 08:15 by Phoenix.

16 Jul 2012 19:07 #5 by dunbroke

Thank you so much for all the information you have given me. Its a great start for researching and helps tremendously. I'm sure i will be back with more questions:)

18 Jul 2012 14:47 #6 by dunbroke

So decided on the Aspen. Will keep you updated on how we do

18 Jul 2012 18:33 #7 by Phoenix

hi dunbroke,

Congratulations on your new mattress :)

I'm looking forward to your feedback when you've had some time sleeping on it!

Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read this post first.

26 Aug 2012 17:33 #8 by sunshine

Hi,
I was searching for a mattress for my son's room. I wanted a good quality mattress but did not want to spend a fortune for a kids room. So, when I found the Green Choice Mattress at Denver Mattress, I was very pleased with the price. This mattress was much firmer than most of the memory foam mattresses. I have had the mattress for 3 months and I have to say that I am very pleased with it. My son says that it is very comfortable. It is holding its shape nicely. I have slept on it and I will never buy a spring mattress again. I will either buy a air mattress or I may even buy one of these for myself. I don't know how the mattress will hold up but for the price it is a good purchase.

26 Aug 2012 19:23 - 08 Feb 2015 18:45 #9 by Phoenix

Hi sunshine,

You are the second one on the forum who has mentioned the Green Choice at Denver Mattress so I thought it was time to find out a bit more about them for the benefit of others who may want to know about them.

I called a few outlets and they are apparently only available at a limited number of Denver mattress outlets and there are no current plans to add them to the website.

I didn't get the specs of each of the 6 or so different models (each of which have a different layering and feel) but in general terms they are imported from China and use various combinations of 3 lb density memory foam along with various layers of polyfoam in the comfort layers and the support core. They weren't able to tell me if any of the foams used were certified for offgassing through CertiPur or another testing method so for those who are concerned about any offgassing I would take this into account.

Post #6 here also has some information about the additional uncertainty that can be involved if you are buying a mattress that is made in China.

They told me that a reasonable expectation would be that a customer would need to replace them in about 3 or 4 years although of course this would depend on height and weight and sleeping style along with the frequency of use.

These would generally make a more suitable choice for a child (if they were old enough that any memory foam mattress was suitable in terms of offgassing and support/alignment) or someone who was very light because of the low density/durability of the foams used. They also told me that they used more temperature sensitive memory foam and would tend to be on the "warmer" side of the spectrum for memory foam mattresses.

So overall ... these would make a good choice for those who were either very light and/or were looking for a lower quality/price memory foam mattress for a spare bedroom or who didn't mind that it wouldn't last as long as a higher quality or price choice.

Thanks for mentioning them and motivating me to find out more about them :)

Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read this post first.
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2015 18:45 by Phoenix.

23 Mar 2013 04:29 - 23 Mar 2013 04:42 #10 by weirdpuffy

I am now the third person to mention this mattress! Im 22 years old, athletic built, 185 pounds. Just moved to Denver to attend college. Left all my furniture behind with my parents in California. I went to the Denver Mattress store in the huge huge Furniture Row warehouse off of the I-25. Sales people werent the best. They asked general questions: what is the price range? soft? firm? After my answers, a sales rep pointed to the several mattress and expected me to lie on it and just say, "hell ill take this one!" Then he pointed me to the Green Choice one in the corner. It felt nice with the comfort initially on top, especially since I toss and turn at night, maybe from just terrible dreams/anxiety or the awful beds ive slept on...who knows. I took like 2 minute pretend naps on all sides. After 45 seconds-ish, something didnt feel right, spider senses tingling. The store provides different demo (soft-firm) pillows. Pillows were decent, but none complimented the Green Choice mattress. I need a mattress asap since ill be moving out of my friends place into my own apt. But for sure not going to settle for something that has a cheap feel. Glad i found this website though!

Maybe someone can help me locate some good local vendors/manufacturers? My zip is 80218. Pretty much Denver, CO. Thanks guys

Last Edit: 23 Mar 2013 04:42 by weirdpuffy.