I have provided links to this mattress below. This looks like an awesome deal on this adjustable mattress. I think this is the same company that sells on Amazon under the Dreamfoam Bedding name. I like the fact that the support/core and comfort layer can be adjusted after receiving the mattress. Additionally, the mattress is maded from all natural Talalay latex and not a blended Talalay. As far as the comfort layer, you can get an all natural Talalay 2" or 3" topper. The quilted layer consist of the bamboo cover with of pure natural Joma Wool. So, in recap, the specs are:

1.5" Bamboo cover with Joma wool
2" or 3" All natural Talalay topper (super soft #22 ILD)
6" All Natural Talalay core layer. Core firmness layers available in soft (#28), medium (#32), and firm(#36). Each King size mattress consists of 2 core halves which is customizable

The king size price is $1,595.00

www.mattresses.net/king-all-natural-talalay-w-free-bamboo-cover-upgrade.html

www.latexmattresscompany.com/kinataplslsy.html

It looks like this is a better deal than the Total Latex Mattress from Dreamfoam on Amazon (see link below) as far as flexibility and materials. I have confirmed with Dreamfoam today that the latex is a blended Talalay latex (60% synthetic latex, 40% natural latex). This one does not seem to have the flexibility to customize after receiving other than the comfort layer. Please post your opinions please.

www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Dreams-Total-Latex-Mattress/dp/B00AAL0HNY/ref=sr_1_8?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1360026174&sr=1-8

Hi pglover,

The first thing I should clarify is that mattresses.net and Dreamfoam/Brooklyn bedding are completely different companies. They certainly wouldn't want to be confused with each other :)

Both of them are also members of this site which means that I believe they are among the best quality and value in the country .

There are several manufacturers that offer similar types of mattresses and each have different degrees of ability to customize, different prices, wait times, and differences in the cost and process involved in exchanging layers.

Both offer a choice of support cores (Dunlop or Talalay in different firmness levels).

With Dreamfoam the 3" comfort layer can be both customized, split, and exchanged but the base layer is not exchangeable once you have chosen your preference. The comfort layer is usually the one that is the most common exchange or "adjustment" for those that want to fine tune a mattress if this is an option.

With mattresses.net the comfort layer is a choice between a 2" layer and a 3" layer (each with their own ILD) and the 6" support core (either half or both) is the one that can be customized, split, and exchanged. Exchanging the support core of course will also have an effect on pressure relief but not to the same degree as exchanging a comfort layer. It will however allow you to change the support characteristics of the mattress.

The cost and process involved of exchanging a layer is also different between them.

mattresses.net has a money back guarantee (less shipping) and Dreamfoam on Amazon doesn't (they do on the mattresses on their own site but it would require more expensive truck shipping).

Each person may also prefer the type of latex that is in one or the other (mattresses.net has more options here).

Once you have eliminated any lower value options from your final choices (which you have) and you are comparing some of the best value in the country ... then which one is "best" for each person depends on all the objective, subjective, and intangible differences that are most important to each person and part of each person's personal value equation . At this point nobody else can really say which one is "best" for anyone but themselves :)

Either way you have some great choices and some "difficult" tradeoffs between them.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Anyone wants to comment on the blended Talalay -vs- the Natural Talalay? It only a $100 price difference, but Ken felt that this option was the best for my situation.

Hi pglover19,

Congratulations on your new mattress. As you know I think highly of Ken and the quality and value of the mattresses he makes. I've also had many interesting conversations with him. :)

You can see some thoughts about the various different types and blends of latex (Talalay and Dunlop) in this article along with post #2 here .

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Well I am still confused. If I read your article, your recommendation is Dunlop. The additional $100 for Dunlop or Natural Talalay is not a concern, I just want to make sure I get the best value and durability. I would like to hear from others....

Hipglover,

The article doesn't recommend Dunlop or any kind of latex. It just talks about the differences between the different types including that with Talalay latex in the lower ILD's blended Talalay is likely to be more durable than 100% natural Talalay (which is probably why Ken suggested it)

For most people ... either 100% natural Dunlop or blended Talalay is probably the better "value" (in terms of cost vs benefits) unless someone has a particularly important reason to choose otherwise.

Hope this helps to clarify things

PGLover,

What zippered cover did you get and how d0 you like it? Im leaning towards the Organic cotton over the bamboo cover.

pglover19 wrote: Well after much research and with the help of Ken from Arizona Premium Mattress ( www.mattresses.net ), I decided to purchase the Blended Talalay Adjustable Ultra Plush Mattress. Ken is extremely knowledge about the industry and cares about the quality of the materials who uses. I was undecided on whether to go with the All Natural Talalay, Dunlop, or Blended Talalay and Ken felt that the blended Talalay would be the best option for me based on my needs. He set me up with a King size, 3" blended Talalay topper (upgrade) with ILD of 22 (soft), 6" blended Talalay core with ILD of 32 (medium), and a 1.5" zippered bamboo cover with wool. With the 5% MU discount and shipping, my out of door price was bit over $1500. I feel I've made the best possible decision, and excited about receiving it in the next 4 weeks or sooner.

Looks like we ended up with the same exact conclusion. After speaking with Ken today about the differences between the different latex options, I feel quite confident that I've made the best choice for me. And I have to say that price-wise, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better bang for your buck. I fully expect that in another month or so, we will both be raving about our new mattresses! Best of luck to you!!! B)

My mattress shipped out today... Will receive it next Friday... So excited......

Adjustable Ultra Plush Mattress by Arizona Premium Mattress.. Opinions Please.... 02 Mar 2013 00:28 #10

Hi pglover19,

I'm excited for you!

I know that it can seem like forever when you have to wait for something that you really want to have "now" but you're almost there :)

I'm looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Last edit: by Phoenix.