About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 19 May 2013 01:20 #1

I'm from San Jose, CA. This is the first purchase of a new mattress that is not a spring mattress so I want to make sure I'm making the right choice. I've heard many good reviews for Ultimate Dream Gel. I'm just wondering if this is a good mattress especially for side sleepers or are there other options. If there is, are there any good retail locations in my area I should check out. My budget is around 800.

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 19 May 2013 15:04 #2

Hi GSW408,

The first place I would start when you are looking for a new mattress is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make good choices in terms of quality, value, and suitability.

The "right" choice is very different for each person and depends on budget, body type, sleeping style, and preferences and many other variables. while Dreamfoam / Brooklyn Bedding is a manufacturing member of the site and among the best quality/value for its budget range ... no matter what the quality or value of a mattress ... it may be perfect for one person and completely unsuitable for the next. Post #2 here has more about what the "right" choice may be for each person.

If you are looking at an online option that you can't test in person first ... then I would make sure you talk with them and also test local mattresses that may have a similar "feel" so that you have an idea of whether the specific design would be suitable for you. In the case of the 13" gel memory foam ... they have said that it is similar in "feel" to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe but just a little firmer so it would make sense to do some good testing on the Cloud Luxe first to make sure that it is suitable for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). A forum search on Ultimate Dreams 13" (you can just click this) will also bring up more information and feedback from other forum members as well.

Some of the better options and possibilities I'm aware of in the San Jose area are listed in post #2 here .

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 19 May 2013 17:08 #3

Thanks for your output. I also checked that I would get a free pillow from BB if I call or email them that I am a member here. Is that still valid and also do I also get a 5% discount for being a member here.

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 19 May 2013 21:17 #4

Hi GSW408,

They provide the pillow bonus for the members here that order their Dreamfoam mattresses on Amazon (as long as they are fulfilled by Dreamfoam not Amazon) and the 5% discount is for their Brooklyn Bedding mattresses (just make sure you call or chat or email for info).

Last edit: by Phoenix.

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 19 May 2013 22:26 #5

Is the Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch the same as the BB Cool Luxe?

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 20 May 2013 00:14 #6

Hi Snowman,

Is the Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch the same as the BB Cool Luxe?

No ... they are quite different and the Cool Luxe uses higher quality and more costly foams and materials. Each of them has a description of the foam they use (The 13" gel memory foam uses a 1.5 lb polyfoam base which isn't listed in the description) and if you call them they can also tell you how they compare to each other in terms of feel. The Cool Luxe is softer than the 13" gel memory foam model (they have told me that the 13" gel memory foam is slightly firmer than the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe while the Cool Luxe is similar to or perhaps slighty softer than the Cloud Luxe).

Both are great value for their budget range but they are certainly not the same.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 20 May 2013 09:29 #7

Looks like the King size for the Cool Luxe vs Ultimate Dream is about $1000 more. My question is it worth an extra $1000? These 2 beds seem similiar or is the quality that much better in the cool luxe?.

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 20 May 2013 11:43 #8

Hi Smuscles,

My question is it worth an extra $1000?

From a "commodity" point of view it certainly would be. You will normally find that all the mattresses made by the same manufacturer have a similar "value" across their lineup (based on the cost of making the mattress) although in the higher budget ranges the margins tend to be a little higher.

You can read some comments about the 13" gel memory foam mattress and the materials it uses in post #2 here .

The Cool Luxe uses more advanced and higher performance memory foams, has a more sophisticated design, has a different "feel", and a higher quality base foam as well as a higher quality cover.

In the end .... the choice will depend on your own personal value equation and which of the many objective, subjective, and intangible factors that are part of any mattress purchase are most important to you.

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 20 May 2013 23:25 #9

Called Chuck and bought a BB queen cool-supreme and a BB king cool-supreme. He gave me a 5% discount and 2 free pillows. I am glad my hard earned money is going to a wonderful company. Chuck and company are wonderful people and Phoenix and the people on this board have help me to make a wise choice. You folks ROCK!

About to pull the trigger on Ultimate Dream Gel 13 inch 21 May 2013 08:57 #10

Hi Snowman,

You certainly made a great choice and I'm looking forward to your feedback when you receive it because the Cool-Supreme is one of their newest models.

Congratulations on your new mattress :)