Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 21 May 2013 19:04 #1

I've almost pulled the trigger on two local factory direct companies (Holder bedding and may mattress ..aka scandinavian sleep systems). Now I'm starting to think the Aloe Alexis is a much better value. Anyone other than thrilled with their mattress from BB? It's just that I can't find one negative comment anywhere and that's usually hard to do when you're talking about the interweb. Maybe they're just that good...

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 21 May 2013 20:07 #2

Hi Kmfl98,

I doubt that you will find many people if any at all that are unhappy with the quality or value of the mattresses they've purchased from BB because like all the members here they are completely transparent about what is in their mattresses which means you can know and assess the quality and value before you buy it. Of course quality and value have little to do with the suitability of a mattress or the comfort choice they make and there will always be some smaller percentage of people who are unhappy with their comfort choice with any online purchase. This is just part of the risk of any online mattress purchase vs a local purchase that you can test first but the risk of this can also be lowered by choosing a mattress that has exchange options either for one or more layers or the mattress itself.

Like all the members here (and some others that aren't members as well) ... they aren't "perfect" but they really are "that good" and are among the best of the best in the country :)

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 21 May 2013 21:28 #3

Yes there are always going to be that small perceentage...which is why I'm surprised I can't find any complaints. Those people always seem to like to make their experiences well known if you know what I mean. Maybe BB hasn't been selling these mattresses very long? Maybe the sample size isn't large enough to have these unsatisfiable individuals. I'm probably going to go with them so I am hoping they are just "that good". I'm so glad I found this website so I'm making the decision between good and good. Thanks Pheonix!

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 22 May 2013 03:46 #4

Hello, first time poster.
I am also considering a purchase from BB. I received good advice through their chat service. I am undecided between their memory foam and latex toppers. So, I have a question if anyone knows, when it says "4 lb memory foam", or 5 lb memory foam, etc., (on the BB site) they are referring to the density per cubic foot?
One would assume so, but I had read that it should always have the word density in the title when it is referencing foams. I will definitely ask them directly, but wanted to know if anyone knows for sure.

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 22 May 2013 08:31 #5

Hi whimzee,

Yes ... what they list is the density per cubic foot of the foams they use. This is standard terminology in the industry but you're right that there are some less reputable dealers who will use the same "words" to mean something else (such as density per 2 cubic feet) in an effort to mislead people.

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 22 May 2013 11:24 #6

I just placed an order with Brooklyn Bedding a little while ago. I contacted them by email several times and they were very helpful and answered all my questions promptly (Jacob was the name of the sales rep). I ordered their 10" all natural latex (Talalay) mattress. I thought Dunlop would suit me better but Jacob pointed me more in the direction of the Talalay. He also told me a number 5 (cushion firm) would be best for me. I told Jacob I was a member here and he also gave me a mattress underground code for nearly $100 off just because I am a member of this forum. As Phoenix has said repeatedly, if a company is part of the "underground", they are among the best of the best. I'll report back once I get the mattress which will be delivered by FedEx in about two weeks.

I want to edit this because I forgot to mention that today I also purchased the Ergo Advanced mechanical bed frame under the Tempur-pedic label at a local store that includes delivery, set-up and haul off of my old bedding. I wanted the Reverie Deluxe, however, no one sells them locally and I don't trust third party shippers used by internet stores. Also, the Ergo model is being discontinued and they were selling it at a very good price. From everything I've read here this base is about the same as the Deluxe. Again, I'll report back when I have all this set up in a couple weeks. I want to mention I had also been looking at the L&P S-cape but the extra two leg supports and the added ten degrees of head adjustment swayed me towards the Ergo/Deluxe.

Last edit: by milacqua. Reason: addition

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 22 May 2013 11:32 #7

Kmfl98,

I also am looking at BB. It's a little difficult to order online, which is sad because my area doesn't have many quality, non-chain mattress dealers.

For example, the salesman at BB informed me their mattresses have a 1" pillow top quilting (though curiously their website says it's 1.5"...). I personally feel like that's a LOT of cushion, and might take away from the feel of the mattress. After all, the idea is to have the thing conform as best as possible to your body to ease pressure points. Also I'm a bit burned after my Sealy pillow top mattress caved in in the middle, to the tune of 1.25" (as measured by a warranty agent... .25" more and I could have replaced it) in the first 6 months. So the words pillow top make me cringe.

But that aside, it's difficult to buy online for other reasons. Ex: how will a "firm" v. "medium" latex support layer feel with memory foam? What about how each will feel with 4lb vs. 5lb foam? and compare that to "firm" v. "cushion firm" of a latex-only mattress? I'm curious how you are analyzing decisions like this. At some point, doing all the research in the world is no substitute for a showroom where you can lay on the offerings side by side. The salesman told me if I'm worried about body indentations to go with their "cool" mattress series (which, conveniently, is the most expensive line they have). But I feel like at 150 pounds I shouldn't have to worry about my mattress caving in like my current one does! Might have to check some of the other members on this website.

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 22 May 2013 12:11 #8

I had a latex mattress from Sleep EZ which I did return and they were excellent to work with. FIrst rate company.

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 22 May 2013 12:44 #9

jet757f wrote: I have the Cool Luxe from them. So far all good with them. Quick delivery and great communication. The real test will be if I decide to return it.

Also, why are you thinking about returning the Cool Luxe? Thanks!

Any Brooklyn Bedding customers unhappy? 22 May 2013 13:36 #10

Hi milacqua,

Thanks for your comments and feedback ... and congratulations on your new mattress and adjustable bed :0

I'm looking forward to your comments when you receive them.