Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 25 Jun 2013 15:51 #1

Good evening!

I decided to start a new thread instead of continuing in my old thread because this is a different topic. I hope I was correct in that assumption.

A while back after speaking with Bob on several occasions, I ordered a mattress sample from CSD. Bob told me to give them a call back once I was able to try out the sample so that we could continue the process of custom building my mattress.

I received the sample, which was a nice travel pillow, but since that time I have been unable to reach anyone at CSD. This is going on 4 weeks now. I have left several voicemail messages, and today when I called it states that the voicemail memory is now full. There has not been any reply from email either.

So, I figured I would post a question to the forum. Is anyone else having this problem? Anyone been able to talk to someone at CSD?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 25 Jun 2013 17:22 #2

Hi FLSleepMD,

That's odd ... I just called their number and received the same message.

I sent him an email asking what's happening and left a message with his partner as well. I'll post here when I know what's up.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 27 Jun 2013 07:37 #3

I've been getting no answers to both emails and phone calls since June 10.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 27 Jun 2013 22:43 #4

Hi butterpat,

I received a short email from Bob that said he would call and update me on Friday so I'll update this thread as soon as I have a chance to talk with him.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 02 Jul 2013 12:27 #5

I hope you hear something soon. I have also been trying to contact them for several weeks by both phone and email and have had no response.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 02 Jul 2013 20:56 #6

I was able to chat with the online help person (whoever that is) on their site, was told their Westport showroom is currently closed, details on the new location TBD. Also haven't been able to reach by email or phone. Hopefully things are OK up there!
Will look for updates here.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 02 Jul 2013 21:24 #7

Hi all,

I asked Bob to write something that I could post on the forum but I haven't received anything yet so here are a few brief updates based on what he's emailed to me so far while I'm waiting for more detail.

1. They lost their lease and are currently in the process of vacating their location.

2. They were hoping this would coincide with other plans they have to launch some new ideas and implement a new business model but unfortunately these haven't happened yet and the process and negotiations involved are not complete so this has put them in somewhat of a "limbo" state until they have a new location and can implement their new plans.

3. They are fulfilling all their current orders but are not accepting new ones for the moment.

4. I asked him how people who needed to can contact him but haven't received a reply to this yet.

More as I know it.

Last edit: by phoenix.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 03 Jul 2013 19:46 #8

Phoenix,

Thank you so much for the information. While I haven't posted here, I have been reading and learning for quite some time in hopes of improving my wife's and my sleep. This site is so helpful.

We have pretty much decided that a latex mattress is in our future. We have visited a local dealer and looked online.

We have been pretty sure that Custom Sleep Design was the way to go, and then they stopped responding to any contact.

I'm glad to have the information, but I'm a bit confounded why someone who wanted to continue in business would let their voice mail fill up so that no one could leave a message or why they would not answer emails.

Something just doesn't seem right. Why wouldn't they at least send a note after my seven to ten attempts to contact them? Just doesn't seem kosher. It's hard not to think there's more to the story than what is here, and that makes me---a potential enthusiastic new customer--wary of doing business once they get back up and running.

Nonetheless, I will await word from you about their status...or an actual phone call or email from Bob.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 04 Jul 2013 02:20 #9

Hi BJWRPH,

I tend to avoid speculation until I know the details but I do agree with you that this is not the best way to handle things regardless of their current challenges or future plans.

I've asked Bob to call me (he has only emailed me so far) and I will post more here as I know more.

His email that he said he could be reached is bobz@customsleepdesign.com

PS: July 23rd: he did end up calling me about a week ago and said he would write me an email specifically to post on the forum but this hasn't happened yet.

Last edit: by phoenix.

Anyone else unable to reach anyone at Custom Sleep Design? 04 Aug 2013 04:19 #10

Any more news on this?