12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 09 Dec 2013 14:01 #1

Hi,
Since a full or queen size all latex talalay (even blended ) is out of my price range($1200), which one of these 2 do you reommen And If you know any full or queen size all blended latex mattress ( since blended is cheaper). I will take it lol.
Please need your guidence.

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 09 Dec 2013 14:14 #2

sayedhamdani,

www.spindlemattress.com/collections/latex-mattress/products/latex-mattress-8

Last edit: by Phoenix. Reason: added salutation for search

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 09 Dec 2013 14:24 #3

Thank You, I'll check it out.

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 09 Dec 2013 14:32 #4

What do you think about the Blue Shoal - 7" Latex Mattress
That's all latex right ?
And since it's cheap I believe that it's synthetic,,,, Is Synthetic better than blended ?

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 09 Dec 2013 18:41 #5

Hi sayedhamdani...

According to the specification on the web site it is an all latex model that is only available in firm. That model has 6" of latex and then a small amount of foam and quilting to get to the total of 7".

Construction
Height: 7" approximately
Outer fabric made with Organic Cotton
Rayon batting acts as a natural flame retardant
¾” comfort layer of certi-pur soy based foam
Two layers of ventilated latex foam. A total of six inches of latex foam.

I don't know for sure but I would guess it is synthetic latex. If you move up to the Abscond you get a total of 9" of latex and the quilting for a total of 10" of mattress. At that level you can choose it with either synthetic or natural latex but the natural option is considerably more money.

Construction
Height: 10"
Outer fabric made with Organic Cotton
Rayon batting acts as a natural flame retardant
¾” comfort layer of certi-pur soy based foam
Three layers of ventilated latex foam. A total of nine inches of latex foam.

Since you were on a budget I pointed this company out since you could get yourself a 10" all latex (synthetic) queen mattress for $800 which was well within your price range.

HOWEVER

I would be remiss if I didn't suggest that you slow down a bit and spend the time to read the enormous amount of information here on this site. I spent several days educating myself on mattresses before I pulled the trigger. Once armed with some knowledge, I would then suggest you reach out to some of these small vendors to discuss. In my experience they are very helpful and are happy to discuss your specific situation (budget, weight, sleep style, preferences, etc) and make suggestions.

I would also suggest you read this post:

www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-forum/general-mattresses/4195-sealy-optimum.html?limit=15&start=45#5982

You may have already seen this Personal Value Equation mentioned elsewhere but I think it's an excellent starting point.

Good luck with your search!

Last edit: by Phoenix.

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 09 Dec 2013 21:40 #6

Hi sayedhamdani,

You can read more about the different types of latex in post #6 here and more about natural rubber compared to synthetic rubber in post #2 here . Synthetic latex is a high quality and durable material compared to other types of foam and can be a very good value choice but overall most manufacturers and "experts" in the industry would consider natural rubber to be a higher quality material (although it's also more costly) than synthetic rubber.

What do you think about the Blue Shoal - 7" Latex Mattress
That's all latex right ?
And since it's cheap I believe that it's synthetic

You are correct that it uses synthetic continuous pour Dunlop latex manufactured by Mountaintop foam (although some of the softer ILD's include a very small amount of natural latex). It's a good quality mattress with no obvious weak links (again ... synthetic latex can be a good quality/value choice for those who are looking for a lower cost latex mattress) and Spindle Mattress is a member of this site which means that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality and value.

I would also "echo" some of TimJonst's comments as well which IMO are excellent.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 15 Jan 2014 07:41 #7

I visited the Spindle mattress website this morning. When you select the Blue Shoal mattress there are options for "synthetic" and "100% natural." I'm assuming that the 100% natural is referring to the mattress being an all latex mattress. Does that make sense?

Spindle's website says that the use Dunlop as opposed to the Talalay latex and that their products are TFI ceritified and a key feature is "CertiPur Foam free of phthalates, mercury, lead or heavy metals, formaldehyde or PBDEs." I take this to mean that the product is Certipur certified? Would this be a correct assumption?

I also notice that regardless of whether you select "synthetic" or "100% natural" the Certipur and TFI listings remain. The list price for a Blue Shoal synthetic full size mattress is $499 and for the 100% natural is $699. Compared to other latex mattress prices I've seen in my research those are very decent prices. If the synthetic option is equally as chemical free as the 100% natural option I may have to take a look at this mattress in person. I live about sixty miles from Spindle.

The mattress would be for my two year old son who'll be turning three this summer. This Blue Shoal seems like the best value for a healthy mattress I've found so far in my roughly week of researching mattresses.

Last edit: by NHdad.

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 15 Jan 2014 09:14 #8

All the mattresses at spindle are made from latex top to bottom. The difference is whether it is synthetic latex or natural latex. Natural latex is more expensive to produce so those would have a higher cost

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 15 Jan 2014 10:48 #9

TimJohnst wrote: Have you looked at www.spindlemattress.com ? I ultimately went with the Total Latex bed from Brooklyn Bedding but I gave Spindle some thought. The prices for synthetic latex at Spindle are excellent.

www.spindlemattress.com/collections/latex-mattress/products/latex-mattress-8

Tim, what made you opt for Brooklyn Bedding instead of the Spindle? I called Spindle earlier today and spoke with the owner. We discussed the product and I'm going to be setting up a time to view the mattresses. I've read on this site here about how synthetic and natural latex are both very safe with regard to chemical offgassing. The Spindle owner told me that the product is actually Oeko-Tex certified even though the website doe snot mention it. he said he will be updating the website.

If the synthetic latex is indeed as safe as the natural and just as durable I think I may go that route. Does anyone have anything to share regarding synthetic latex vs natral latex as far as performance and longevity?

12 inch Bamboo Bliss or EcoSleep™ Obsession Latex 15 Jan 2014 16:11 #10

Hi NHdad,

The latex in their mattresses are OekoTex certified (both the synthetic and the 100% natural) and the polyfoam in the quilting is CertiPur certified (Certipur is a certification for memory foam and polyfoam) (Note: Spindle is now only using 100% natural continuous pour Dunlop and wool quilting in their mattresses). OekoTex is a more stringent certification than CertiPur although they test mostly for the same things. Both the synthetic and the 100% natural latex are tested to the same OekoTex standard 100 standards but below the testing threshold for OekoTex there would be no way for a consumer to know the difference between two materials in terms of VOC's. You can see the testing limit values for Oeko-Tex here and for CertiPur here*[/url].
ADMIN NOTE:*Always check CertiPur site for the latest guidelines available

They use Dunlop that is made using a continuous pour method which can produce a latex core that is more consistent in terms of firmness levels and can also produce a softer latex than you would usually find with molded Dunlop. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here .

Attachments:

Last edit: by AdminTMU. Reason: Removed Page Not Found Link (404 Error)