Decisions on Memory Foam Mattress 22 Jan 2014 20:58 #1

So, I'm stuck between three 3 mattresses here. Phoenix, I have read your post on good vs good several times today and I am still caught up in this dilemma. This is what I am currently looking at:

Select Foam Aurora and Regalis - 7.2 lb density on the top layer and 5.3 lb on the support layer for both.

Brooklyn Bedding Pure Cool Symphony- 8" 2.17LB HD Foam Core 3" 4lb memory foam with 1" 5lb base Change Gel Memory Foam.

I can't decide. My wife and I both sleep hot so I wanted to get a "cooler" mattress. I weigh about 180lbs and my wife is roughly 125lbs. We both are mostly side/stomach sleepers and currently sleep on a med firm mattress. Both of these companies are very knowledgeable and offer great insight on their products, good prices and extremely helpful, I just cannot make up my mind. If anyone has any light to shed on these mattresses I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Jeff

Decisions on Memory Foam Mattress 22 Jan 2014 23:51 #2

Hi jbake37,

The Select Foam Aurora approximates the Tempurpedic Allura, their Regalis approximates the Rhapsody or the Rhapsody Breeze and the Brooklyn Bedding Pure Cool Symphony approximates the Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze as well so if you test the Allura and the Rhapsody or Rhapsody Breeze and can decide which one is best for you that may help you narrow it down to either one (if the Allura is the best match for you) or two (if the Rhapsody or Rhapsody Breeze is best for you).

Other than that it would really be a matter of your "best judgement" or perhaps "gut feel".

Decisions on Memory Foam Mattress 24 Jan 2014 23:32 #3

Thanks Phoenix, but in terms of "quality" or "longevity" if you will, which of those three offer the best foam? Is BB's HD foam core on par with something like the 7.2lb-er...??

Decisions on Memory Foam Mattress 25 Jan 2014 00:09 #4

Hi jbake37,

At your weight none of them would have any weak links that I would be at all concerned about and I wouldn't make durability or quality an issue in your choice.

There is no way to "quantify" best for you because there are too many variables or preferences that are involved for anyone but you to make a final choice. My role is to help you narrow down your options, share any concerns I may have (and there are none with any of these mattresses), and help you eliminate any of your worse choices (which you have done). Once you are down to final choices between "good and good" I would base your choice on the conversations you have had with each manufacturer, the information they have given you about their mattresses, and which one you feel best about using your best judgement or even "gut feel". Any of the choices you are considering would be a good one in terms of quality and value but I really don't make final choices for the members here. That part is up to you.

Last edit: by phoenix.

Decisions on Memory Foam Mattress 28 Jan 2014 19:50 #5

Hi Phoenix , i decided to go with Select Foam for the moment and ordered an Aurora HD . I was sent an invoice with all the info I requested but I have not given any method of payment yet. If I do not hear anything from them, I will just cancel and go with Brooklyn Bedding. I felt that for what we are looking for, Select Foam had a superior memory foam product compared to what Brooklyn Bedding offered. I hope I made the right decision, thanks for all the information and insight you have given to me and other people in search of a better sleeping experience!

Regards,

-Jeff

Decisions on Memory Foam Mattress 28 Jan 2014 21:38 #6

Hi jbake37,

Congratulations on your new mattress :)

You certainly did your "homework" and I think you made a well researched and good choice.

I'm looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Decisions on Memory Foam Mattress 03 Oct 2014 05:55 #7

Jeff,

How is the Aurora working out now that you have had it for 6 months? I am thinking of purchasing the mattress as well, and I'd love to hear your take on it.

Thanks,

Ken

The Mattress UndergroundCopyright © 2021 The Mattress Underground.