Arizona Premium Mattress Company 03 Mar 2014 13:15 #1

Hi,after a lot of research (most of it on here)
I'm getting close to calling Arizona Premium Mattress Company
My biggest concern is the 60 day exchange/return policy
I would feel better if it was 90-120 days

Thank you in advance,this site is awesome

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 03 Mar 2014 14:45 #2

Hi vtcat,

You are certainly looking in a great direction and as you know I think highly of Ken and Arizona Premium. They are one of the manufacturers that I recommend and they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, and service.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the mattress you end up choosing and of course any feedback you have the chance to share once you've had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 03 Mar 2014 15:19 #3

I've been considering mattresses.net / arizona as well for an all natural talalay topper. But, for the twin, the description states it comes in a #19 or #28 firmness.

I contacted them and asked if the all natural talalay topper came from International Latex or Radium, and the response was that they sell both. If IL, then the firmness would be N2 or N3 -- which makes sense. But, if Radium, #19 or #28, which I don't think matches midpoints I've seen on this forum for all natural Radium talalay.

I asked for further clarification, and awaiting a response.

Edit: I got a response from Ken. There's a choice. I'll be ordering a twin N2 tomorrow.

Last edit: by rconn2.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 03 Mar 2014 17:30 #4

Hi rconn2,

Could you link to the topper you are considering?

For example ... in the case of their Rejuvenite topper here it uses blended Talalay from Latex International and is available in two ILD's (28 and 19) and comes with a cover. Since ILD is never exact ... and the average ILD of a topper will fall inside a range that is the average of 9 individual measurements that can all be different ... Latex International will rate anything that is inside the range with a specific ILD number (even if the average for that specific product isn't the same as the rating).

They also have many other options available (besides what is listed on their site) so it would be well worthwhile to talk with them about exactly what you are looking for or considering and and they will provide you with accurate and more specific information.

As you probably also know from reading the site ... since ILD is never exact, online descriptions are usually approximations that are meant to give consumers information that is more meaningful to them. For example many manufacturers or suppliers will describe N1, N2 etc with an ILD so that their customers have a better reference point (not many consumers would understand what N1 or N2 means). Toppers also won't necessarily be the ILD that is the midpoint of a range.

You can see the ILD ranges for Radium all natural Talalay here and their N6F would be the closest to 28 ILD and their N5 would be closest to 19 ILD. A difference of a few ILD is inside the ILD variation across the surface and these types of small differences would be undetectable.

You can see the ILD ranges for Latex International Talalay all natural Talalay here and 19 ILD would be inside the N1 range and 28 ILD would be inside the N3 range.

A quick phone call will clarify your questions and any of the options you are considering much faster and more specifically than an email.

PS: I see you received a reply while I was typing this :)

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 03 Mar 2014 18:06 #5

Thanks Phoenix. Here's the link:
www.mattresses.net/twin-3-inch-natural-talalay-latex-mattress-topper.html

I'll call them/Ken tomorrow as I'll be happy to go ahead and order a twin LI N2 with bamboo cover.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 03 Mar 2014 18:11 #6

19 is at the upper end of an N1. I'm a male 5'10", 168 lb, side sleeper. My shoulders ache from side sleeping, so I want a soft comfort layer. Would you guess an N2 to be a typical preference for someone like me? Isn't an N1 an atypical choice? It can be as low as a 14 -- that's very soft, no? Thanks... great site!

Last edit: by rconn2.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 03 Mar 2014 18:59 #7

Hi rconn,

N1 would probably be on the softer end of the scale in terms of averages yes but it would also depend on what was over or under it, on the thickness of the layer, and on other factors because ILD is only one of several factors that can affect the perception of softness or pressure relief (see post #4 here ). Body type and shape, weight distribution, sleeping positions, along with individual preferences and sensitivities will also play a significant role.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 11 Mar 2014 01:29 #8

I ordered a King Adjustable Ultra Plush Blended Talalay Latex mattress soft one side,medium the other and with 3" 19 ild comfort layer.Also a foundation,matress pad and 2 pillows from Arizona Premium Mattress Company on 3/4/14.Can't wait :)
I really enjoyed dealing with Ken.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 11 Mar 2014 01:36 #9

Hi vtcat,

Congratulations on your new mattress :)

Ken is great to talk with and is a wealth of information (as you probably discovered) and Arizona Premium certainly has some great quality and value latex mattresses.

I'm looking forward to your feedback once you receive it.

Arizona Premium Mattress Company 14 Mar 2014 12:52 #10

Thanks to Mattress Underground, I researched a lot and ended up buying a new king latex -- the King All Natural Talalay w/Free Bamboo Cover Upgrade -- from Ken and Arizona Mattress Company. We received the mattress on Feb 10 after placing the order on Jan 13 -- so just under a month for manufacture and shipping (to NC). We also bought the wood foundation to use with a new conventional king headboard/footboard/rail. So here's the whole story:

We've had a Sealy Backrest mattress for too long and needed something else. We decided to upgrade to a king from queen. We had almost pulled the trigger on a Sleep Number bed several times (mostly based on their advertising). I asked everyone I knew what they slept on and the vast majority had traditional coil beds. I had slept on Memory Foam in various places and didn't like it that much, plus I found it hot (as many people do). Sleep Number beds just seemed a bit too "gimicky" to me -- the idea of basically an "air mattress" just didn't appeal to me and while "dialing in your number" sounds good, I figure the reality is once you've found it you won't change it.

Through this tremendous forum, I discovered latex as an option. After much reading, I started to become a believer inthe benefits of natural latex -- durable, comfortable, supportive yet plush, anti-allergy, etc. I also found Arizona Mattress through this site and checked out their products -- seemed very good value and with this recommendations of this forum plus a great Better Business Bureau record they seemed a good choice.

But still, buying something as long-term as a mattress over the 'net? I'm a serious online buying guy, but this gave me pause. Then I read some interesting data on Sleep Like The Dead that said in their surveys folks who bought their mattress untried online were as happier, an oftern happier, with their purchase than those that tried and bought locally. They said online buyers tended to do more research, and as has been said on this forum you can't tell much laying on a mattress for 15 minutes in a showroom. Their survey data also showed natural latex tying or outscoring almost everything else in most categories.

Anyway - we absolutely LOVE our latex mattress. After about a month of use I can say it is the most comfortable mattress I've been on, and my wife agrees. It's is not hot, we have zero aches in the morning, there is no smell. We even bought latex pillows after 2 weeks of sleeping on the mattress. We could not be happier. We bought the medium/medium base with the soft topper. We are not small folk so this has worked very well.

Shipping and assembly was pretty much as easy as Ken shows in his videos. We did the whole thing in about 45 minutes, no rushing. It's a bit more cumbersome assembling in a bedroom that already has furniture and bed frame waiting -- not as much open space to move around -- but very straightforward.

Ken was great, and his guys were generally helpful - we did have some confusion over the foundation as we originally ordered the metal foundation thinking we'd just add a headboard, but then wanted to switch to the wood foundation. We did switch but Ken's staff had some difficulty confirming which was shipping, but it all worked out fine. We're trashing the shipping boxes this weekend -- can't see returning any of this.

The entire mattress set was considerably less expensive than the Sleep Number beds we had considered, and that's just icing on the cake. The latex mattress is, for us, a no brainer now. I've recommended it to many friends.

Couldn't have found this without The Mattress Underground -- a tremendous resource.