Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 25 Mar 2014 08:00 #1

I found a set of these sheets at a discount store and they are the most comfortable sheets I have ever bought. Given that I buy a lot of sheets in my quest to find the perfect set that is saying a lot. I have been trying to find out more about Intellatex and have been coming up pretty empty. I am thinking about buying another sheet set but I want to make sure they are safe. www.brookstone.com/sleep-smart-cotton-sheet-sets

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 25 Mar 2014 12:26 #2

Hi Wavycat,

The only information I know about them came from Google which you've probably seen.

Intellatex is a licensing company and their sheets are made by AQ Textiles (you can see a furniture today article that talks about them here ).

There is a video about them here and a little more information here .

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 25 Mar 2014 12:35 #3

Thanks so much. I did find all that. I watched the video a few times trying to find useful information. I really want to know what they are infusing into the cotton. I am guessing that it is a closely held secret :/ I tried calling the brookstone eight hundred number as well and that person just read me the label info. Oh so helpful. The sheets are just so soft and really do seem to help regulate temp. It seems suspicious that no one but Brookstone seems to sell them. Thanks for trying to track it down.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 25 Mar 2014 14:10 #4

Hi Wavycat,

It would almost certainly be propietary and the whole field of nanotechnology applications in textiles is rapidly developing for many of their properties and uses (including fire resistant barrier textiles) but I was curious and based on some of the information here and here (and a few other sources I read) my guess would be that it uses Tourmaline in a polymer emulsion that is impregnated into the cotton.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 25 Mar 2014 16:23 #5

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for. You are amazing. I think I am going to find another set of sheets. They really are amazingly soft. We have had good luck with infrared for healing and a little extra can't hurt.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 25 Mar 2014 16:50 #6

Hi Wavycat,

I've added your topic to the "central" sheet post here so that others can read your comments and information about the Intellatex sheets :)

Thanks for bringing them up!

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 27 Aug 2014 08:50 #7

Wow - great research! I just read this thread and the others you linked to about sheets; and I wish I had read them yesterday, before going shopping. I purchased 2 sets of the Brookstone Intellatex sheets from a discount store ($60 for a King set). I asked about the return policy on sheets that have been washed so I could return them if they shrink, So if they don't work out, at least I'm covered. I plan to try one fitted sheet on the mattress when it arrives, then wash that set to check if it shrinks too much. If they don't work out at least- Thanks to you- I will know where to look next. Either way I will post some feedback. Thanks again!

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 27 Aug 2014 12:08 #8

Hi Centaurita,

I'm looking forward to your feedback when you receive your sheets. It would be great if you could post your comments in the Intellatex topic here :)

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 20 Sep 2014 21:25 #9

I posted this in another forum before I realized I should have put it here.

Update -the Brookstone sheets are wonderful to sleep on and I believe much cooler than my other cotton sheets. However, I am still in search of the "perfect" sheets.
Two reasons:
1) The elastic is not strong enough OR they are just too deep for my 14" mattress. My Target organic sheets fit better.
2) The top wide hem is very wrinkly (I do not iron sheets).
I have only washed them 3 times but so far they have no pilling and seem to be very good quality material.
Bottom line: If they hold up for 6 months and still feel good, I will probably go looking for more of them if I haven't found any better ones.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Brookstone Intellatex Sheets 20 Sep 2014 21:44 #10

Hi Centaurita,

I switched your other post and my reply about the Intellatex sheets to this topic (and deleted the duplicate post) and changed the title so it would be easier for others to find it.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Last edit: by Phoenix.