3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Aug 2014 14:26 #1

Should I get the Coco Organic Latex in #" molds or Latex Green cut from a 6" core?? Firm Base , Med Top : Is 6 " enough for comfort or should one go 9" to have an additional buffer not sinking directly into the firm layer ???

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Aug 2014 14:46 #2

Hi Turtlebed,

These types of "should I" questions are preference choices that only you can answer either with your own personal testing or experience or on your "best judgement" based more detailed conversations with an online retailer or manufacturer (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here ).

Last edit: by Phoenix.

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Aug 2014 15:12 #3

Phoenix: I agree the only way is testing the mattress. The Coco latex in a 3" mold would have a more specific ILD since they are not cut from a 6" core : Is that the case? Question: Since the Coco latex is in individual 3" molds : Would the Organic Latex not come into non organic environments since it was not being cut ? The only reason was thinking the 9" would be better with soft on top would allow me more configurations , since the cost is only a $300 difference . On the 6 inch mattress , if sftness is needed I would have to add a topper which would be a separate layer not in the mattress case . Thanks for listening

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Aug 2014 15:42 #4

Hi Turtlebed,

You can see my reply to the same question in post #38 here .

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Aug 2014 16:31 #5

i did it ! : Paid for being delivered

Phoenix; ; i changed my mattress order to the 9' Firm/Med/Soft organic coco latex mattress. paid for and being delivered . made the change because that was the the original configuration that I really liked when I first started mattress shopping then let mattress height get in the way, LOL ... I went with coco, close ILD ranges to what I tested, liked the idea that the cores were not cut and came out of individual 3" molds. Sleeping Organic agreed that the individual cores look real nice . Being certified organic latex , the cores are not cut in non organic facilities , which gives coco better organic control of their latex. Sleeping Organic is a Good Company , Brandon is Great! They are price competitive and match lower pricing. Know I got a fair price! from all my research, feel I made the right decision and appreciate all the help you gave me , do not know how you put up with me LOL.

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Aug 2014 18:28 #6

Hi Turtlebed,

I thought you had "done it" in your other post but I guess that there was some final tweaking needed so I'll say "congratulations on your new mattress" once again :)

Thanks for the feedback about Brandon and Sleeping Organic as well and I also agree with you about their knowledge and the guidance and service they provide to their customers.

I think you did well!

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Sep 2014 21:29 #7

Hi Pheonix: The Coco Full size Latex mattress arrived from Sleeping Organic 3? Firm, 3"medium , 3" soft in organic quilted cover .I have been sleeping on the mattress now for 1 week . When the mattress arrived one side is softer than the other . The top soft layer arrived compressed by the tape, squishing the latex . I gave it a few days , but one side of the mattress was noticiably softer than the other, the other side of the mattress seemed fine. I contacted Sleeping Organic and was asked to send photos , which I did . They agreed the latex was not level and was defective. Sleeping Organic will be sending a new soft layer out . After sleeping on the mattress a few more days , today I noticed the center is sinking and the good side is no longer good. I am frustrated and disappointed . The Coco Latex seems to be defective . Even though Coco Latex is made in individual molds the full size was cut down from a queen size core.? In addition the soft core seemed less dense and lighter than other soft cores I tested with the same ILD range? I just emailed sleeping organic again, to inform them i will check the other 2 layers tomorrow to make sure they are not defective as well? Do you know if there have been manufacturing problems with coco Latex? Something is not right ? Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Thanks for listening mattress therapist.

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 26 Sep 2014 23:03 #8

Hi Turtlebed,

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences but it's good to see that Sleeping Organic is looking after your issues promptly

I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment. Does this layer also have visible impressions when it's lying on a flat surface such as the floor? If it does and there are also visible impressions in this layer as well then it's quite possible that they both came from the same defective core.

It's not unusual for one Dunlop layer to have some variance in terms of ILD or density from another one that was cut from the same core (see post #6 here ) but it usually wouldn't be enough to make a significant difference to the mattress. It would be difficult to quantify the amount of the difference based on "hand feel" alone or based on memory without weighing the layers you were comparing (to check for any differences in density) but it's certainly possible that there is some variance in the density of your layers compared to other layers that you tested.

I haven't heard of any specific issues with CoCo latex having defective layers but this can certainly happen with any latex manufacturer and I know that when this happens it's as frustrating to the person that sells it as it is to the customer that buys it.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Thanks for listening mattress therapist.

As frustrating as it may be ... I'm confident that Sleeping Organic will look after any legitimate issues that any of their customers may have and I hope you have the chance to keep us up to date and let us know what happens.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 27 Sep 2014 00:02 #9

Hi Pheonix: The Layex I tested was definitely heavier than the Coco Latex: I will keep you updated. Thank you for helping to keep my sanity........

3" Coco Latex or Latex Green ????? 27 Sep 2014 15:33 #10

Update: Sleeping organic is sending out a new Coco Soft layer next week and agreed the latex is defective . They are a great company , no hassels and I highly recommend them . Brandon is Great and provides exceptional customer service . He is definitely an asset to sleepimg organic .I will update you again when the new latex layer arrives . Have a great weekend ....