mattressunderground logo
×
The first place to start your research is the Mattress Shopping Tutorial linked in the top right corner.
Select the Search Forum tab above to gain access to answers to many mattress related questions.
Select the Ask An Expert tab above to reach out to any of our Expert Members for guidance and advice.

Any experience with Comfort Sleep Systems in CT?

28 Aug 2014 12:08 #1 by Hallie06512
Hello All,

Came across this website while googling for a mattress retailer today in the New Haven Connecticut area. Am planning to do some mattress shopping and was wondering what people thought of Comfort Sleep Systems in Branford, CT.

I am the type of person who would rather buy from a local business instead of a big box store. Their website seemed really interesting with several selections. We plan on going there this weekend, but just wanted to see if anyone could give us insight/tips before we go there.

After reading a lot of these blog posts, we are really eager to try some of the latex mattress options (currently on a pillow top innerspring of 10 years).

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hallie

28 Aug 2014 12:45 - 28 Aug 2014 13:18 #2 by Phoenix
Hi Hallie06512,

As you probably know from your reading here they are a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency. Post #17 here has more of my thoughts about them as well.

Hopefully some of the members here that have dealt with them will see your post and share their comments but outside of the reply to your other post here ... you can read some feedback about them here and here and here and here .

An exact phrase site search on Comfort Sleep Systems along with a forum search on comfortcss and on CSS (you can just click the links) will bring up all the other forum comments about them as well.

Last edit: 28 Aug 2014 13:18 by Phoenix.

29 Aug 2014 11:20 #3 by Hallie06512
Thank you for that information - its really helpful! We plan on going there Saturday so I will post afterwards about our experience.

29 Aug 2014 12:26 #4 by Phoenix
Hi Hallie06512,

I'm looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit :)

02 Sep 2014 07:52 #5 by Hallie06512
I wanted to comment on my experience with Comfort Sleep Systems in Branford, CT over the weekend. They were absolutely WONDERFUL to work with.

I was not sure what to expect since CSS is a factory showroom, but the showroom is really really nice — Very clean, warm, and welcoming. The sales rep Sara showed me the talalay latex mattresses. I tried the Ultra Performance (which comes in two difference firmnesses) first and I instantly LOVED IT! However, to be sure Sara had me try out some of the other mattresses as well. She was very patient with me and never pressured me. I ended up ordering the Ultra Performance with the firmer base for the extra support. It comes in a 3 layer talalay latex system with a bamboo quilted top. Very comfortable & supportive.

Not only did I buy a mattress, I also bought a custom upholstered bed and headboard. CSS also makes this! I was able to pick out the fabric that I like to match my bedroom. I am so excited about this!

After doing lots of research and shopping I was very confused with the mattress industry (before going to CSS). CSS made the process very easy and pressure-free. I actually feel like I know exactly what I am getting and in good hands. They really know what they are doing and they know all about the different materials. They will even show you the factory and raw materials that go into the mattress.

I would HIGHLY recommend going to Comfort Sleep Systems in Connecticut. :)

02 Sep 2014 08:53 #6 by Phoenix
Hi Hallie06512,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with Comfort Sleep Systems ... I appreciate it!

It's great to see that your experiences were the same as some of the other members here that have purchased their mattress there and also think very highly of them (as I do as well).

Most importantly, congratulations on your new mattress ... you did well :)

I'm looking forward to your feedback when you've had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

15 Sep 2014 07:42 #7 by Hallie06512
I just wanted to give an update on our new Comfort Sleep Systems mattress. The mattress was delivered on Saturday and we have been sleeping like babies since! Time will tell how we feel about it in a few months from now, but our initial reaction is that this is the most comfortable mattress we have ever sleep on! I am so glad we came across this website and discovered Comfort Sleep Systems in the process. Thank you!!

15 Sep 2014 09:04 - 15 Sep 2014 09:04 #8 by Phoenix
Hi Hallie06512,

Thanks for taking the time to share another update ... and it's great to hear that things are working out so well for you :).

Last edit: 15 Sep 2014 09:04 by Phoenix.

24 Jan 2018 12:05 #9 by Mar6cia
I just found some earlier posts, so no need to respond to my request unless you have something new. I will post about our experience at CSS later. So excited!!

24 Jan 2018 18:29 - 04 Feb 2018 22:56 #10 by Phoenix
Hi Mar6cia.

I saw your new posting after I already replied to your previous inquiry. I see that you found the information I previously pointed to and I hope you can extract some advise from my last post regarding what to look for when shopping for a mattress. I am glad that you are visiting Comfort Sleep Systems ( Trusted Members of this site ) They have a large selection of mattresses to suit just about everyone and any budget range. I trust that you are in good hands with them.

Good luck with your trip and I look forward to hear about your experience.

Last edit: 04 Feb 2018 22:56 by Phoenix.

• FREE Consumer Subscription & Purchase Discounts

Offered to consumers who Create an Account to register on OUR FORUM to ask questions or share mattress related experiences. Additionally, TMU Consumer Subscribers receive discounts/bonuses from some of the best quality/value Mattress Manufacturers & Retailers in North America.

• CONNECTING Consumers with Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers

The Mattress Underground (TMU) website connects consumers with the most Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers throughout North America. All TMU Members have agreed to provide TMU consumer subscrilbers price discounts/bonus higher or equal to all other discounts offered on their own sites or throughout the Internet.

• For eCommerce purchases, please check here for the unique discount code(s) offered by each TMU Trusted member.
      • When purchasing locally simply present the referral certificate provided by the TMU Trusted Member linked above or mention “The Mattress Underground” when visiting their store.

• QUALITY Manufacturers & KNOWLEDGEABLE Retailers

The Business membership of this site is by invitation and is only offered when we are satisfied that what you offer places you in the upper tier of mattress manufacturers & retailers across North America in terms of quality, knowledge & transparency, and service. If you believe that your company meets the quality/value criteria please complete and submit the PMAF form here to start the review process.

Membership Requirements

• Membership Disclosure

The Mattress Underground offers free consumer subscription & paid membership for select mattress manufacturers or retailers. Member dues/fees are our source of income as The Mattress Underground is expensive to operate and employs people. For those manufacturers or retailers that have been invited to become members, and for any consumer that wishes to find their "best fit" mattress, we hope you choose to take advantage of what TMU offers as we believe the value of our services and information, our willingness and ability to work on behalf of and connect educated consumers with the better retailers and manufacturers across the US and Canada, are second to none on the internet. Mattress manufacturer and retailer memberships are available for companies that sell directly to consumers, but are by invitation only.

In order to ensure full transparency with our readers, we’d like to disclose the following about our member relationships:

• Consumers have free subscription but can voluntarily donate to help TMU operate.
    • Mattress retailers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees.
    • Mattress manufacturers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees
    More information about the benefits and services that TMU members receive can be found on the Our Services page of this website