Bond Mattress Company 18 Mar 2015 18:31 #1

I developed a serious crush on this bed today, but I'm afraid that due to its price tag, we may need to break up.

I've tried to find information about this company and I'm not having much luck.

Phoenix, do you have any thoughts on this company and/or this model of bed?

Thank,you!

Amy

www.urbanmattress.com/mattresses/bond/opulence-luxury-plush

Bond Mattress Company 18 Mar 2015 19:17 #2

Hi AmyPink,

I've tried to find information about this company and I'm not having much luck.

Phoenix, do you have any thoughts on this company and/or this model of bed?

You can see some general comments about Gold Bond in post #4 here . They are one of the oldest manufacturers in the country.

Outside of how well a mattress matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) a mattress is only as good as it's construction and the quality and durability of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label.

The description you linked doesn't include all the information I would need to make any meaningful comments about the mattress but if you can find out all the specifics of the materials and components inside the mattress (see this article ) and post them on the forum I'd be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials and the mattress as a whole and let you know if I can see any "weak links" in the mattress.

There is also more information about the most important parts of the "value" of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

Bond Mattress Company 18 Mar 2015 19:27 #3

So Gold Bond and Bond are the same . . . Good to know.

I'll see what I can find out and I'll pass it along.

I'm a little concerned about their exchange only policy. My hubby met with Ken at APMC yesterday, and I'm thinking we're headed this route.

Thank you!!

Bond Mattress Company 18 Mar 2015 19:57 #4

Hi AmyPink,

So Gold Bond and Bond are the same . . . Good to know.

Actually I saw the "Bond" and my mind somehow filled in the "Gold" so it may not be a Gold Bond mattress. I was somewhat surprised because Urban Mattress doesn't list Gold Bond as one of their manufacturers but they will be able to tell you the name of the manufacturer that makes it. Either way it's the design of the mattress and the type and quality of the materials inside the mattress that is much more important than the name of the manufacturer.

Last edit: by Phoenix.

Bond Mattress Company 19 Mar 2015 08:27 #5

Strange that I can't find anything about them online. Sort of concerning too. At this point, I'm wary about going with the new kid on the block.
I believe the owner of the company also has a vineyard that makes a great wine.
I do know that the company offers a 20 year full warranty, and UM said their warranty policy was one of the best.

Bond Mattress Company 19 Mar 2015 12:44 #6

Hi AmyPink,

My guess is that it's a private label made for Urban Mattress by one of the manufacturers they carry (possibly Sherwood) and not the actual name of a manufacturer but they could confirm this..

Mattress warranties only cover defects in the materials and they don't cover the gradual (or more rapid in the case of lower quality comfort layers) loss of comfort and support that comes from foam softening that is the main reason that most people will need to replace their mattress. In other words warranties have little to do with the durability or useful life of a mattress or how long it will be before you need to buy a new mattress and longer warranties are more about marketing than anything else. If there is an actual defect in the material it will usually show up early in the life of the mattress. There is more about mattress warranties in post #174 here .

Knowing the quality/density and durability of the materials in a mattress is a much more reliable way to assess the durability and useful life of a mattress than the length of a warranty.

Bond Mattress Company 22 Mar 2015 20:23 #7

I think I'll go back just to get more information on the bed and company! I'd like your thoughts on its construction.

Bond Mattress Company 22 Mar 2015 21:40 #8

Hi AmyPink,

If you can find out the specs of the mattress and post them on the forum I'd be happy to make some comments about it.

Bond Mattress Company 23 Mar 2015 06:31 #9

You're the best! Thank you!!!!