Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 01 Jun 2015 19:35 #1

Does anyone know where to get a topper in this still?
Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex

I checked couple website s that said they had it but when went to order they called back said it was discontinued few years back.. They tried to sell me dunlop latex slow response. Is this similar?

Does anyone knwo where old stock of Celsion™ Talalay GL may be found?

Thanks

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 01 Jun 2015 22:01 #2

Hi rob2121,

Does anyone know where to get a topper in this still?
Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex

Does anyone knwo where old stock of Celsion™ Talalay GL may be found?

As you heard Latex International (now called Talalay Global) stopped making Talalay GL slow response quite some time ago so it's not likely that you will be able to find any old stock remaining. It just wasn't popular enough for Latex International to continue making it because people that preferred a slow response material generally tended to choose memory foam and those that like the feel and resilience of latex tend to avoid slow response materials.

It may be worthwhile tralking with Ken at Arizona Premium because he carries slow response continuous pour Dunlop that is made by Latexco and since he is very familiar with both of them he would be able to give you more accurate information about how they compare.

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 02 Jun 2015 08:33 #3

rob2121 wrote: Does anyone knwo where old stock of Celsion™ Talalay GL may be found?

I couldn't give this stuff away when it was produced. If people desired a memory foam feel, they wanted actual memory foam. When TG discontinued it, I received a phone call from my representative with a great deal on a large remaining backstock of these toppers, but I declined.

You still might be able to find them at Pure Latex Bliss retailers, but it would be a hit or miss proposition and a lot of time calling around.

The suggestion of Phoenix to call Arizona Premium would be your best bet.
Jeff Scheuer, The Beducator™ Owner of Mattress To Go
Researching for a mattress?... read The Mattress Shopping Tutorial.
Click here for TMU Discount Codes if purchasing from Trusted Members

Last edit: by MattressToGo.

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 02 Jun 2015 17:03 #4

I checked Amazon - I bought a fast response really soft topper by Pure Latex Bliss at Amazon last year. Looks like they now have one
California King size and a few XL Twins sold thru a 3rd party vendor but fulfilled by Amazon available in the slow response Talalay, which I think is the same things as Celsion.

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 02 Jun 2015 20:50 #5

Hi Clawdia,

Nice find ... I didn't know there were any suppliers that still were selling it. They must have purchased lots of old topper stock from PLB dealers.

Celsion is the same as the Talalay GL fast response and the Talalay GL slow response is similar to the old Nuform (except it didn't have the phase change materials blended into it).

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 02 Jun 2015 21:13 #6

www.amazon.com/Pure-Latex-Bliss-Response-Activefusion/dp/B00AAHZ30U

it this the same thing as the Celsion?expensive! Im probably better off with the low response continuous pour Dunlop that is made by Latexco

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 02 Jun 2015 22:14 #7

Hi rob2121,

Their naming format changes from time to time but Celsion was the same as what they used to call Talalay GL fast response and what Talalay Global is now calling their Talalay Active Fusion (Celsion). Their new web page here (click on products) still says that it's available in a slow response version even though they stopped making it. Perhaps they are thinking about making it again.

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 03 Jun 2015 14:54 #8

Phoenix wrote: Hi Clawdia,

Hi Phoenix -
I must confess to being an Amazon junkie - when in doubt, that's where I always look first, no matter what I'm looking for.

Those PLB toppers are expensive, but I wouldn't trade mine for anything in the world. I got a 3" one to put on top of my soft dunlop mattress, and it has proved to be the solution to all the pressure point problems I was having with the mattress. I'm sure most folks would think my mattress/topper too soft, but for me it's perfect. I've had the topper for a year now.

When I bought it, they were being sold by MToGonline, I think - I was impressed to get a phone call from them after my purchase, even though it was thru Amazon, when I questioned the measurement of the topper not being exactly the same as the mattress. They called to explain that a bit of deviation is often to be expected in a topper, and to check that I was happy with the purchase.

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 03 Jun 2015 17:17 #9

Hi Clawdia,

I have to admit that I spend a fair bit of time on Amazon as well ... and I think they are one of the best "marketplaces" around!

If I'm not mistaken you purchased the PLB 3" Talalay GL fast response rather than the slow response version and it's great to hear that your topper is working just as well for you now as when you first bought it because I know you went through a lot of trial and error and tweaking before you finally found something that works really well for you.

Celsion™ Talalay GL Slow Recovery latex ? 04 Jun 2015 21:01 #10

You're not mistaken - it was the fast response Talalay topper that I bought. There were still a few more of the slow response toppers available back then, but I had tried a 1" topper at a local store like the one I bought and liked the feel, just not the fact that it was only 1" thick - 3" was just right for me.

I hated to spend that much money on a topper, but have been really glad that I did - of course, it helped that I had $250 worth of Amazon gift cards in my account when I bought it. I justified it by buying fewer books for my Kindle over the past year, but now that it's been a year I'm about to splurge on Stephen King's new book this weekend. It's been raining here for a week, and supposed to rain all weekend - a sure recipe for needing a good new book, and I have the perfect place in which to read it - my nice soft bed!

Last edit: by Clawdia. Reason: Revision