Considering a visit to My Green Mattress / Quality Sleep Shop 24 Mar 2016 21:03 #1

I am needing to replace an 8 year old Bemco memory foam mattress that we're pretty sure is trying to kill us. It's broken down so much that my husband thinks he might actually be able to feel a bar from the box spring on his hip when he's lying on his side (unfortunately, he's a side sleeper, as am I.) We've wanted to get a more natural mattress that doesn't off-gas for awhile but weren't sure where to start the search...we live in east central Illinois where there aren't exactly a plethora of natural mattress options. Thank goodness I found this site last week to help me navigate the often murky waters of the mattress world! Based on what we've learned here, we've narrowed down the search to either all latex or a latex/innerspring hybrid (like the Natural Escape from My Green Mattress.) The hubs is taking me and the kids road-trippin' it 2 1/2 hours north to visit Quality Sleep Shop in La Grange tomorrow to lie on some beds and speak to the experts there....I know, we really know how to live it up on spring break!

Thank you so much for all the info you've provided on this site...it's really saved my sanity! Wish me luck.

Considering a visit to My Green Mattress / Quality Sleep Shop 24 Mar 2016 21:45 #2

Hi MrsMoody,

Welcome ... and I'm glad you found us.

Just for reference ... the better options or possibilities I'm aware of in and around the Champaign/Springfield/Peoria areas (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here ) are listed in post #2 here but I think a trip to Quality Sleep would certainly be well worthwhile if you don't mind the drive.

I'm looking forward to your comments and feedback after your visit.

Good luck :)

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Updating link to https: status

Considering a visit to My Green Mattress / Quality Sleep Shop 26 Mar 2016 20:00 #3

Hi Phoenix,
We made the trek to Quality Sleep Shop yesterday, and it was totally worth the trip (not that we really minded the drive anyway...gave us an excuse to visit friends who live not too far away...and, of course, Ikea :cheer: ). Tim was super helpful but not in any way pushy. We were most interested in trying out the Natural Escape & Simple Sleep and were very impressed with both of them. The only Simple Sleep he had when we got there was the 7", but he said he was planning to bring in a 10" to replace another mattress (maybe the Organic Dreams?) on the showroom floor soon and, luckily for us, the freshly made 10" showed up while we were there so our kids got to watch them unroll it, which was cool...and we got to be the first people to try it out. And I must say, it was perfect! We didn't place an order right then because I tend to hesitate on big purchases like this, but by the end of the day, we were kicking ourselves for not going ahead and ordering one. I called this morning before they opened and left a message for Tim to call me back, but afterward I realized it was the Saturday of Easter weekend so there was a good chance he wouldn't be in today, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't get a call back. I don't want to be a stalker or anything, but I'll probably call first thing Monday morning. ;)

Thank you again!

Considering a visit to My Green Mattress / Quality Sleep Shop 27 Mar 2016 08:30 #4

Hi MrsMoody,

I switched your posts into a new topic of its own.

Thanks for the update and for sharing your experiences with Quality Sleep Shop.

Your experiences are very similar to many other members here that have visited them and have also been impressed by their knowledge and service ... and lack of any pressure.

I'm looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding once you pull the trigger (although it sounds like you are leaning towards the Simple Sleep).

Considering a visit to My Green Mattress / Quality Sleep Shop 28 Mar 2016 19:53 #5

Hi there,

Just wanted to report that I ordered the 10" Simple Sleep this morning, as well as a couple of the shredded latex pillows that we really liked when we were up there last Friday. I also ordered one of his mattress protectors, which was very reasonably priced (as were the pillows.) I'm hoping we'll get everything by the end of the week. Meanwhile, my husband is hard at work preparing to build us a platform bed, since the frame and foundation from our old mattress are of questionable quality so we don't want to use them with our new mattress. We're very much looking forward to sleeping on a comfortable, supportive mattress for the first time in years! :woohoo:

Considering a visit to My Green Mattress / Quality Sleep Shop 28 Mar 2016 20:44 #6

Hi MrsMoody,

Thanks for letting us know what you ended up deciding ... and congratulations on your new mattress :)

I'm looking forward to your comments and feedback once you've received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.