Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever" and Reverie 5D Adjustable Bed Foundation 13 Sep 2016 10:49 #1

I just received my new mattress and bed frame, the timing could not have been more perfect if I tried, the FedEx truck delivering the mattress pulled up as we were walking the bed frame installers out!

After much deliberating and trying to decide between different mattresses, I took a chance and purchased a Brooklyn Bedding Mattress (Firm) and a Reverie 5d Adjustable Base without being able to see them in person. My husband will give me much grief if anything goes with my choices!

I ordered the 5D from SleepEZ and that experience was great! Fantastic customer service, I ordered late Sunday night, Sept. 4th, and I got a confirmation phone call the next day- on Memorial Day no less. From my research, I knew Labor Day weekend was the best time to buy a mattress- at least that's when the best sales can be found. Rather than saving $100 and buying the 5D off Amazon or eBay, I decided that a small company with good customer service warranted the small difference.

I ordered the mattress from Brooklyn Bedding and that experience, so far, falls a bit short. I bought the mattress online directly from Brooklyn Bedding late Sunday evening, Sept. 4th too. Their Order Received page said I would receive a receipt shortly, which I never received (I did receive Paypal receipt but that doesn't reflect the specifics of my order- no order number even), and that my order would be shipped in 3-4 business days. (Thankfully I printed out the Order Received page so I had a record of my order number in case it was needed). I received the shipping notification on the 7th, so that was faster than expected, a plus. FedEx did meet the expected delivery date too, and as I said initially, perfect timing. It's my initial impression of the mattress that's disappointing. As we cut the plastic, the mattress immediately started to decompress. Way, way faster than any of the videos of other people's mattresses. The "Brooklyn Bedding" brand ribbon is missing around the edge of the bed. There are lots of loose threads hanging from top piping of the mattress as well. My initial impression is that they were overwhelmed by a rush of labor day orders and it's being reflected in their product. I am also hoping there's still some decompression that needs to occur as it's not firm enough yet.

I did contact Brooklyn Bedding via online chat and told them of the missing brand ribbon and they just said it's still a BB mattress. I wasn't questioning that, I just wanted them to know I was disappointing. I'm not seeking compensation for something that's never going to be seen!

Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever" and Reverie 5D Adjustable Bed Foundation 13 Sep 2016 13:07 #2

I've tried 5 times to attach photos but it keeps failing :(

Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever" and Reverie 5D Adjustable Bed Foundation 13 Sep 2016 13:19 #3

Some photos:

Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever" and Reverie 5D Adjustable Bed Foundation 13 Sep 2016 13:27 #4

I give up, I don't know why photos won't attach to the post using the Attachments- Add File method, nor why the images don't display or even appear as a hyperlink when the link to Google Photos is used with the Boardcode command icons.

Hopefully anyone interested in a Brooklyn Bedding mattress will copy and paste the links

Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever" and Reverie 5D Adjustable Bed Foundation 13 Sep 2016 13:34 #5

Hi radiocricket,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback ... I appreciate it.

I've tried 5 times to attach photos but it keeps failing :(

Your pictures are probably larger than the limits for forum image attachments ( see here ) and you should be able to attach them if you reduce the size to less than 2000kb and to a maximum of 800 x 800 pixels for the width and height. If you don't know how to reduce them or if you have any other difficulties then you can also email them to me at the contact email at the top right of the page and I can reduce the size and attach them to your post for you as well.

Once you have opened the plastic and air is rushing in a mattress that is made with polyfoam and latex will go through its initial decompression very quickly because of the resilience of the materials although it may take a few days to completely decompress and reach it's true firmness level. This is normal.

The "Brooklyn Bedding" brand ribbon is missing around the edge of the bed.

While it wouldn't affect the quality or feel of the mattress ... I'm not sure what is happening with the missing ribbon. I let Brooklyn Bedding know about your comments so they will likely reply to your post directly.

Some loose threads are also normal with quilted covers that are made with a quilting machine and wouldn't be any cause for concern. They also have a large capacity in their factory (which is new and one of the most advanced factories in the industry) and the time of year or how busy they are wouldn't make a difference with how their quilting machine operates.

I'm looking forward to any additional comments you have the chance to share once your mattress has had the chance to fully decompress and you have been able to sleep on it for a little longer. Their firm mattress would be firmer than most people would generally prefer but of course how firm a mattress feels to any particular person is also subjective and relative to the person so hopefully it will be "firm enough" for you once it has completely decompressed and regained its firmness.

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Updating link to https: status

Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever" and Reverie 5D Adjustable Bed Foundation 13 Sep 2016 13:46 #6

Thank you for your reply Phoenix. I am looking forward to my first night's sleep on the bed and the subsequent nights to come.

I'm not unhappy with the mattress, I just expected a bit more of a polished appearance. It really doesn't matter if it's not as crisp in appearance as other people's BB BME as it's already covered up by a mattress protector (I did get the BB one) and sheets/bedding. The only reason I'm commenting on it was the sharp appearance was frequently mentioned in the reviews, and I'll be honest, the look swayed me a bit too, and to have a product unpack and not look as impressive is a bit disappointing. It will surely feel the same, brand ribbon or not!

Brooklyn Bedding "Best Mattress Ever" and Reverie 5D Adjustable Bed Foundation 14 Sep 2016 16:15 #7

radiocricket, looking forward to your review. I just ordered the same set up although different vendor for the Reveri 5d.

I too received the mattress with out the BME border ribbon. Seemed strange to me. Wondering if they don't put them on cal king splits?

Last edit: by spider.