7lb Memory Foam topper 23 Oct 2016 12:17 #1

Last edit: by Phoenix. Reason: Updating link to https: status

7lb Memory Foam topper 23 Oct 2016 18:38 #2

Hi Khaled,

After hours of researching, I could only find 5 lb to 5.3 lb memory foam toppers. (links below). Where can I find 7lb memory foam toppers?

While they used to be available as individual layers or toppers several years ago ... unfortunately I don't know of any current sources for 7 lb or higher memory foam any longer.

I would also keep in mind that once you are at about 6 lb density or so with memory foam that any additional durability benefits for higher density memory foam would be minimal.

I know you’ve already checked most of these companies, but there are a few extras on the component post #4 here .

I hope that’s helpful.

Last edit: by Phoenix. Reason: Updating link to https: status

7lb Memory Foam topper 24 Oct 2016 07:36 #3

I have found a 6lb topper, but the site has almost no details. If anyone know more about the company or this product I would love the hear what you have to say. The topper is very expensive btw.

www.brickellmattress.com/memory-foam-topper-6lb-3.html

Last edit: by Phoenix. Reason: Updating link to https: status

7lb Memory Foam topper 24 Oct 2016 13:17 #4

Hi Frrst,

I have found a 6lb topper, but the site has almost no details.

I would tell you to contact Brickell Mattress directly and ask them about the memory foam and find out who is producing/supplying this product.

Select Foam has sold through Brickell Mattress before, but I don’t know if this foam is coming from Select Foam. If it is, I would read the warning here before considering them.

These comments would also apply more to their past online sales through Select Foam than to their Brickell Mattress store which is a different sales channel and hasn't had the same issues with their after-sales service.

I’ll be interested to know what you find out.

Last edit: by Phoenix. Reason: Updating link to https: status

7lb Memory Foam topper 25 Oct 2016 13:06 #5

Hi Phoenix and First,
Thanks for the info. I looked at the links and yes brickelmattress does not say anything about their foams except they are 6lb (no mention to where they are manufactured or firmness or certiplus ratings).
Phoenix I looked at pistong # 4 again and I saw there is sleepart but these guys have confusing site and when u click on their memory foam they go back and discuss their latex toppers with no mention to their memory foam specs at all not even thickness.

Sooo my current conclusion is that we now only have 5 toppers to choose from that are 5lb to 5-3lb that are made in USA and have certiplus certification, see below.

1-Plushbeds: they seem so proud of their product only thing no mention to firmness.
Price for king 2" Is 309 no cover
2- foam order.com: they say they guarantee their topper to last 15 years to not soften or depress for 15 years, wow!! No mention to firmness
Price for king 2" is 244 no cover
3- Aerrus Plus from rocky mountains: seems a very popular brand.

4- Aerrus Plus from sleepwarehouse. Firm sis 13 ifd
Price for king 2" is 285 no cover

5- Natural Elements Memory Foam by naturesleep. This one made in China but has certiplus certification and is 2,5 inches. Price for king size with cover is 480.

Any thoughts?

Can I tell you my experi pence. I bought a Serta 4" topper and 4 lb from overstock.com and i hated it after one week as it became too soft under my hips and I sink a lot and had back and neck pain.

I decided never for 4" and not even 3" after zthis experience. In the better mattresses out there is the top most highest density memory foam layer mostly 1 or 2 inches? I am a back sleep and sometimes side sleeper. And average weight guy..

Will a 5lb not create soft spots as foamorder.com says?

Why did they stop making 7lb, is it to save their matresss sales from being cannibalized by their own toppers?

Thanks !
Khaled

7lb Memory Foam topper 26 Oct 2016 08:20 #6

I ordered the aerus plus 5lb topper and will let you know what I think of it when it shows up (I am expecting It by monday)

7lb Memory Foam topper 26 Oct 2016 08:38 #7

Also have you considered slow responce latex? it only comes in a 3" configuraiton but is much firmer than memory foam which might make it supportive enough for you.
www.mattresses.net/kipulamefoto.html

Last edit: by Phoenix. Reason: Updating link to https: status

7lb Memory Foam topper 26 Oct 2016 09:53 #8

Hi Frrst,

Thanks for the update. I’ll look forward to the specifics of your application and your comments upon the product.

Also, thanks for your other suggestions. As you’re aware, there are hundreds of outlets for various types of toppers, and keeping track of them all isn’t something that any one person could even begin to accomplish. It’s always nice when forum members take a few moments to offer advice and contribute.

7lb Memory Foam topper 28 Oct 2016 12:32 #9

Aerus plus topper is in! It feels fantastic. It is fairly firm and seems to be quite breathable. I wish I had more experience with memory foam because I think this is actually a exceptional product but It is hard to say for certain without more experience or a side by side comparison. I will say that it is quite firm for memory foam, definitely in the same ball park as the tempurpedic topper I felt in the store the other day, maybe even slightly more firm? It had absolutely no off gassing smell when I got it which i am very happy about because I was a little worried about that. As some sort of reference for the breath ability, I got a 3 inch topper and when blow directly into the topper I can feel the air come out the other side, again I don't honestly know if this unusual but based on what I have read about memory foam it always sounds like it breaths about as well as a plastic bag. I haven't slept on it yet but initial impressions are very good. I was extremely nervous about spending so much (375) on a topper when there were 5lb options available for 199. So far I feel like it was worth it.

7lb Memory Foam topper 28 Oct 2016 15:24 #10

Hi Frrst,

Thank you for the update, and congratulations on your topper. I look forward hearing about your experience with your mattress combination after you’ve had some more time to use it.