best natural/organic sheets and bedding 01 Nov 2016 16:31 #1

Hi All,

Any recommendations for good quality bed sheets, comforter cover, and blanket that are preferably organic and chemical free? Sorry in advance if this has been covered before, but I did a search and came up with nothing.

I currently have a sleep and beyond washable wool comforter (non organic) which is amazing. I saw that sleep and beyond makes sheets but they are not organic. I saw that amazon carries magnolia organic bedding products which have a great price point. Any feedback on this brand? Any other recomendations?

Thanks!

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 01 Nov 2016 18:57 #2

Hi ps99115,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :)

While the focus of this forum is primarily on mattresses, I do have some links to sheets in post #7 here . Also, if you scroll down to the component supplier post here there are some companies who cater to more natural products and some of them may carry the types of sheets you’re looking for.

I’m not familiar with this brand, but perhaps some other knowledgeable members of the site might have some experience with this brand and they could comment.

Let us know if you end up finding something that you like!

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Updating link to https: status

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 15:39 #3

We've used the Magnolia Estate sheets for about two and a half years. They're noticeably thicker than any other sheets we have, and they're a bit stiffer and noisier when you move around in them. They're also not as slick or as soft to the touch as most sheets.. But they're my favorite non-flannel sheets, and have held up really well. I expect we'll have these for a long time.

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 16:11 #4

Hi mr-ben,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on these sheets for ps99115. I appreciate you doing that! :lol:

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 16:11 #5

Hi mr-ben,

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 16:29 #6

Thanks mr-Ben. The Magnolia Estates sheets were the ones I was looking at. Do you find the stiffness and lack of softness to take away from the comfort? I'm used to 400 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and like a soft slick sheet. Thanks again for the reply!

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 17:25 #7

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 17:39 #8

MEA wrote: I use Coyuchi. No chemicals and organic. I use all their sheets, blankets. I also only sleep in Coyuchi, I love it.

Thanks MEA. I also looked at Coyuchi but can't justify spending that much for sheets. Hoping to keep price tag around $100 for cotton sheets.

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 17:46 #9

Do you find the stiffness and lack of softness to take away from the comfort?

Personally, I prefer sheets like this. They feel durable, and warm, but are still breathable and aren't hot or slippery like the bamboo (rayon) sheets I've tried. My wife, who loves our super-fluffy flannel sheets isn't as fond of them as I am, but she doesn't dislike them either. If you're after a really soft slick sheet, this probably isn't it, assuming it hasn't changed since we bought them.

We also have one of their crib sheets , and it's a completely different fabric. Much softer to the touch, and more flannel-like. Over time this one has gotten more rough to the touch, while the estate sheets have gotten softer.

best natural/organic sheets and bedding 02 Nov 2016 18:04 #10

Hi,

You should be able to find organic sheets from Sleep and Beyond. We are setup with Sleep and Beyond and have seen their organic sheet line. Other companies to check out for organic and natural bedding are Gotcha Covered, Holy Lamb and as you know Coyuchi. One of my new favorite sheets for feel are Tencel sheets. They are derived from the Eucalyptus plant and feel great, however they are not organic.