mattressunderground logo
×
The first place to start your research is the Mattress Shopping Tutorial linked in the top right corner.
Select the Search Forum tab above to gain access to answers to many mattress related questions.
Select the Ask An Expert tab above to reach out to any of our Expert Members for guidance and advice.

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019?

10 Sep 2019 23:13 #1 by Mr yabo
Hi im new to the forum and I'm not sure where or how to post a new topic but I was wondering if there is anywhere to purchase slow response latex in 2019? I see that a lot of manufacturers have discontinued these types of products for a variety of reasons(such as people either wanted memory foam or latex) so just wondering if there is anywhere to purchase slow response latex layers or toppers in 2019?

12 Sep 2019 17:01 #2 by Sensei
Hey Mr yabo,

Welcome to the forum :).

I have not thought about the slow recovery latex. For the most part, only three companies made it in any volume. Talalay Global, Radium and Latexco...I sm sure some of the Asian manufacturers could process this foam.

I know Brookly Bedding used to sell a lot of these toppers and some mattresses to Overstock.com, but I am not seeing anyone promoting this product either.

It was not a "great product" felt kind of neat, when you touched it, but it really didnt feel that great as a comfort layer. A couple of big brands used it for a while, but it died down over time.

It's not listed on the product page on Talalay global anymore on Talalay mattress cores page.

Maybe someone else has some more info on this, I will check with the Talalay people to see if it's being sold anymore. You can also ask Ken at Arizona Premium, I know they sold it in the past, he would know if anyone is producing it anymore.

Thanks
Sensei

Sensei(@ TMU Team)

12 Sep 2019 18:29 #3 by Mr yabo
Thank you sensei. I found a Nuform topper on overstock but I'm not sure if it's slow response and they have not responded to my question yet regarding that. Charles p. Rogers has a 2 sided topper that they say one side is slow response but when I called them they weren't very knowledgeable on any of the specs other than its from latexco + it's way overpriced. The search continues...

14 Sep 2019 09:28 - 14 Sep 2019 09:33 #4 by Sensei
Hey mr yabo,

I know when Brooklyn Bedding first started using the "Nuform" name, they used this latex, but I think they are using the name with different memory foam. It would say so very clearly if it was latex.

Speaking of the dual-sided topper, it reminded me that Luma Sleep, a Mattress Expert member introduced a 3" Dal Sided Talalay / Memory foam topper. It's called Sweet Dreams Hybrid Topper , and it's on sale for $297 for a queen. Check it out, if you are interested.

Thanks,
Sensei

Sensei(@ TMU Team)
Last edit: 14 Sep 2019 09:33 by Sensei. Reason: corrected links

16 Sep 2019 15:46 #5 by Mr yabo
Hi Sensei,

The Nuform does say that it's latex but doesn't say if it's slow response & they still haven't responded to this question. I have found a few companies that sell dual sided(1side latex & 1side memoryfoam) layers or toppers but I just want slow response latex to go over my regular talalay/ Dunlop layers. I found aireloom uses what they call Luxus latex which is slow response but it's only 1 inch and found I think in only 1 of their mattresses, it's not sold separately and I do find their mattresses a little overpriced IMO.

Thanks Sensei

17 Sep 2019 19:14 #6 by mendelnewton
I am curious why you are looking for "Slow Response" Latex? Is it that you want Latex surface but without the Springiness? Like Latex behaving like Memory Foam?

I have an all Latex Matress with Dunlop core and a soft Talalay topper, but looking to add something to make it a little firmer, so I am now I am experimenting with placing a thin 1 inch regular HD foam on top etc

Let me know if you find anything slow response latex

20 Sep 2019 12:10 #7 by Sensei
Hey mr yabo,

Thanks for the update. In my opinion, this listing on Overstock - NuForm-Talalay-Latex-3-inch-Mattress-Topper is not the slow recovery latex. The "slow recovery latex" from Talalay Global was never sold in 3 different ild's as this listing shows. I am sure this is regular Talalay.

Oh, and yes I think you are not alone with your statement "I do find their mattresses a little overpriced IMO"....at least for me, I agree w you.

Thanks,
Sensei

Sensei(@ TMU Team)

20 Sep 2019 17:36 #8 by Mr yabo
Thanks for the info Sensei and to mendelnewton I like to acquire exotic materials :)

• FREE Consumer Membership & Price Discounts

Offered to consumers who Create an Account to register on OUR FORUM to ask questions or share mattress related experiences. Additionally, Consumer Members of TMU will receive discounts/bonuses from some of the best quality/value Mattress Manufacturers in North America.

• CONNECTING Consumers with Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers

The Mattress Underground (TMU) website connects consumers with the most Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers throughout North America. All TMU Members have agreed to provide TMU consumer members price discounts/bonus higher or equal to all other discounts offered throughout the Internet.

• For eCommerce purchases, please check here for the unique discount code(s) offered by each of the TMU Trusted members.
      • When purchasing locally simply present the referral certificate provided by the TMU Trusted Member linked above or mention “The Mattress Underground” when visiting their store.

• QUALITY Manufacturers & KNOWLEDGEABLE Retailers

The Business membership of this site is by invitation only and is only offered when we are satisfied that what you offer places you in the upper tier of mattress manufacturers & retailers across North America in terms of quality, knowledge & transparency, and service. If you believe that your company meets the quality/value criteria please complete and submit the PMAF form here to start the review process.

Membership Requirements

• Membership Disclosure

The Mattress Underground offers free consumer membership & paid membership for select mattress manufacturers or retailers. Member dues/fees are our source of income as The Mattress Underground is expensive to operate and employs people. For those manufacturers or retailers that have been invited to become members, and for any consumer that wishes to find their "best fit" mattress, we hope you choose to take advantage of what TMU offers as we believe the value of our services and information, our willingness and ability to work on behalf of and connect educated consumers with the better retailers and manufacturers across the US and Canada, are second to none on the internet. Mattress manufacturer and retailer memberships are available for companies that sell directly to consumers, but are by invitation only.

In order to ensure full transparency with our readers, we’d like to disclose the following about our member relationships:

• Consumer have free membership but can voluntarily donate to helping TMU operate.
    • Mattress retailers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees.
    • Mattress manufacturers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees
    More information about the benefits and services that TMU members receive can be found on the Our Services page of this website