Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 10 Sep 2019 23:13 #1

Hi im new to the forum and I'm not sure where or how to post a new topic but I was wondering if there is anywhere to purchase slow response latex in 2019? I see that a lot of manufacturers have discontinued these types of products for a variety of reasons(such as people either wanted memory foam or latex) so just wondering if there is anywhere to purchase slow response latex layers or toppers in 2019?

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 12 Sep 2019 17:01 #2

Hey Mr yabo,

Welcome to the forum :).

I have not thought about the slow recovery latex. For the most part, only three companies made it in any volume. Talalay Global, Radium and Latexco...I sm sure some of the Asian manufacturers could process this foam.

I know Brookly Bedding used to sell a lot of these toppers and some mattresses to Overstock.com, but I am not seeing anyone promoting this product either.

It was not a "great product" felt kind of neat, when you touched it, but it really didnt feel that great as a comfort layer. A couple of big brands used it for a while, but it died down over time.

It's not listed on the product page on Talalay global anymore on Talalay mattress cores page.

Maybe someone else has some more info on this, I will check with the Talalay people to see if it's being sold anymore. You can also ask Ken at Arizona Premium, I know they sold it in the past, he would know if anyone is producing it anymore.

Thanks
Sensei
Sensei(@ TMU Team)

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 12 Sep 2019 18:29 #3

Thank you sensei. I found a Nuform topper on overstock but I'm not sure if it's slow response and they have not responded to my question yet regarding that. Charles p. Rogers has a 2 sided topper that they say one side is slow response but when I called them they weren't very knowledgeable on any of the specs other than its from latexco + it's way overpriced. The search continues...

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 14 Sep 2019 09:28 #4

Hey mr yabo,

I know when Brooklyn Bedding first started using the "Nuform" name, they used this latex, but I think they are using the name with different memory foam. It would say so very clearly if it was latex.

Speaking of the dual-sided topper, it reminded me that Luma Sleep, a Mattress Expert member introduced a 3" Dal Sided Talalay / Memory foam topper. It's called Sweet Dreams Hybrid Topper , and it's on sale for $297 for a queen. Check it out, if you are interested.

Thanks,
Sensei
Sensei(@ TMU Team)

Last edit: by Sensei. Reason: corrected links

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 16 Sep 2019 15:46 #5

Hi Sensei,

The Nuform does say that it's latex but doesn't say if it's slow response & they still haven't responded to this question. I have found a few companies that sell dual sided(1side latex & 1side memoryfoam) layers or toppers but I just want slow response latex to go over my regular talalay/ Dunlop layers. I found aireloom uses what they call Luxus latex which is slow response but it's only 1 inch and found I think in only 1 of their mattresses, it's not sold separately and I do find their mattresses a little overpriced IMO.

Thanks Sensei

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 17 Sep 2019 19:14 #6

I am curious why you are looking for "Slow Response" Latex? Is it that you want Latex surface but without the Springiness? Like Latex behaving like Memory Foam?

I have an all Latex Matress with Dunlop core and a soft Talalay topper, but looking to add something to make it a little firmer, so I am now I am experimenting with placing a thin 1 inch regular HD foam on top etc

Let me know if you find anything slow response latex

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 20 Sep 2019 12:10 #7

Hey mr yabo,

Thanks for the update. In my opinion, this listing on Overstock - NuForm-Talalay-Latex-3-inch-Mattress-Topper is not the slow recovery latex. The "slow recovery latex" from Talalay Global was never sold in 3 different ild's as this listing shows. I am sure this is regular Talalay.

Oh, and yes I think you are not alone with your statement "I do find their mattresses a little overpriced IMO"....at least for me, I agree w you.

Thanks,
Sensei
Sensei(@ TMU Team)

Where to purchase Slow response latex in 2019? 20 Sep 2019 17:36 #8

Thanks for the info Sensei and to mendelnewton I like to acquire exotic materials :)

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds