All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 16 Jun 2020 08:27 #1

Hey everyone! I have been looking for mattresses for over a month now and still have not made up my mind. Ugh. Initially I was interested in a memory foam type mattress but after reading on here about them being toxic and causing health issues I'm leaning more towards latex.

Unfortunately, after looking at some at some of the websites of "our trusted members" I'm realizing they are quite pricey! I'm a little surprised that even those that are manufacture/factory direct are pretty high!

With that said, if anyone can recommend a good quality place to get a latex mattress from, at a reasonable cost please let me know.

Also, I'm wondering how a hybrid latex compares to an all latex mattress? Is the feel similar and is there really more benefit from all latex vs. a hybrid latex?

Lastly, would one or the other be more beneficial for someone with arthritis/fibromyalgia?? Oh....and I should mention that I tend to prefer the "feel" of a soft/plush mattress....but of course still want support/proper spine alignment!

Thank you all for your help!!

Last edit: by snickerful.

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 16 Jun 2020 09:38 #2

I am not sure about full latex vs hybrid but I'd recommend checking out Arizona Premium Mattress or DIY Mattress(same company I think). In my research, they came up as one of the cheapest options and they have great customer service and product options. Remember shipping cost though, it's not cheap from them.

I'm currently deciding if I want to go DIY or start with a bed in a box foam mattress and possibly adding latex in the future.

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 16 Jun 2020 18:46 #3

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 16 Jun 2020 20:51 #4

snickerful wrote: I checked Arizona Premium Mattress and yeah, it is definitely less expensive....but I hate buying something that I have to pay to return. So many other companies pay the shipping fees both ways. Also, not sure if I want to put the mattress together myself.....although it does look fairly easy.

Their return policy is a big downside. That's not so much an issue for me because I know Latex works well for me. As for the building, it is super easy. And, remember, if you build it(or get one of their pre-made ones) you can swap out any sections that wear out if that happened.

No mattress/company is without some downsides, no question there.

Goodluck!!

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 17 Jun 2020 09:46 #5

sleepez has a great, hybrid mattress. When I was deciding, I was considering their hybrid but finally decided on the ROMA, which suits my needs. Anyway, do check them out.

sleepez.com/products/hybrid-latex-mattress

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 17 Jun 2020 13:15 #6

Thank you so much. I haven't been getting as many responses as I had hoped for so I appreciate you taking the time! Are you happy with the ROMA? How long have you had it? Thanks again!

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 17 Jun 2020 13:23 #7

Got my ROMA last year. So I've had it about 8 months now. Yes, I love it! It's all latex and is flippable. SleepEZ came up with the idea that most people prefer either a firm or a medium firm mattress. So they designed the ROMA to have both. One side is medium firm, which is perfect for me. And the other side is firm, which is perfect for side sleepers. Honestly, I wasn't sure I would like it as this is my first, latex mattress. But I have to say, it's far more comfortable than my previous boxspring mattress. In fact, way more comfortable.

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 17 Jun 2020 14:38 #8

I'd like to continue snickerful's original post requesting a comparison between an all latex mattress vs latex hybrid..... and would appreciate if anyone who is lucky enough to live in an area to be able to try out both to please share their opinions!

My situation is that there is only one local retailer that carries latex mattresses, and the selection is very limited. I've had the chance to test a "soft" latex hybrid (8" coils + 3" soft talalay) and liked it fine. But for considerably less, we could do a DIY full latex build of something like 3" soft talalay over 3" medium talalay over 3" firm dunlop. Assuming the cover is the same, would sleeping on 9" of latex "feel" the same as the 3" latex + pocket coils? This answer may depend on the coils?

For various reasons (spouse and I being about 100# different in weight the main one), I'd like to avoid pocketed coils because the firmer ones (Combizone ILD 762 or 6"Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa) seem they will be too firm for me, but the 8" Quantum Edge coils ILD 531 doesn't seem to be ideal for hubby.

My choices to "try out" latex mattresses is so limited that I hope to learn from everyone's collective experience, even if it's just your "opinion".

Thanks!

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 17 Jun 2020 15:06 #9

I hope we get some responses. I haven't had luck getting too many responses on this forum, unfortunately! :-/

All Latex vs. Latex Hybrid 17 Jun 2020 15:57 #10

I know that Ken at APM sells both all latex and latex hybrid mattresses, and he has posted that virtually everyone that tries both in his store prefers the feel of the all latex versions. Some choose the hybrid since it's cheaper or they may prefer the springy feel if it's more like what they're used to from many years on spring mattresses.