FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 17 Jan 2021 13:21 #1

Has anyone here purchased a FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper? If so, please post your review! :)

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 19 Jan 2021 15:05 #2

Hi Spoonman01.

I haven't used the topper myself but did a forum search to see if I could pull anything useful/helpful for you and found this snippet from this thread :

[the] 2" 28 ILD convoluted latex top layer --- for point pressure relief(apparently this feels more like a 14 ILD)

That's an interesting assessment on their part. Are you looking for reviews/feedback to help you decide whether this is a topper you may be interested in buying?

NikkiTMU
Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read The Mattress Shopping Tutorial. . Click here for TMU Discount Codes if purchasing from Our Trusted Members.

Last edit: by NikkiTMU.

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 19 Jan 2021 15:24 #3

Thanks for your reply! :-)

Yes! I'm deciding between the FloBeds Convoluted Talalay Topper or the Omni Sculpted Dunlop Latex Topper. Other than the price (Flo-Bed Omni is $260 vs FloBeds $400), wondering if you can tell the difference of feel and support between the Talalay and Dunlop.

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 21 Jan 2021 08:09 #4

I can't speak to this topper specifically but (and you may have already discovered this in your research) generally, there is a difference in feel between Dunlop and Talalay. Talalay latex is lighter and less dense by nature than Dunlop. Talalay tends to be more popular because it can be made softer than Dunlop and is more consistent in its softness across the entire surface of the mattress.

Have you reached out to FloBeds directly? They may be able to tell you how much the feel differs between the Talalay and Dunlop.

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 09 Feb 2021 15:45 #5

Hey Spoon - I just ordered the FloBeds 2" Convoluted Topper to add as a comfort layer to the top of my WinkBed Luxury Firm Hybrid Mattress. Looks like they are made to order. My order confirmation shows a expected ship date of March 12th. I need to reach out to them tomorrow to confirm that this 1 month lead time is actually the case. I am a 6'5" 245lbs, 100% side sleeper. The reason I am looking at this is for additional pressure relief on my shoulders and hips. Looking at your previous posts, you have a different setup than I do. Looks like you have a zoned coiled system over a 3" solid medium talalay latex. Are you planning on using this as a topper to soften up your 3" medium talalay latex layer? I'll be happy to give you my impressions once I receive it, but it looks like it may be about 4 weeks out.

My Winkbeds is giving me good support, but I am just looking for a little more softness pressure relief on the pillowtop layer. Years ago on my old mattress I had a 3" Sensus Memory Foam topper. It started out good, but it slept way too hot and as it aged became very uncomfortable and sagged. It became a terrible stuck feeling.

Anyway this is my first venture into latex. I have a friend that has a latex topper on his bed and got to try it out. I really like the way it feels compared to my old retired memory foam topper. I figured I'd start out with a 2" convoluted layer since my mattress is in good condition and if I still need extra comfort/support I can look at something additional like a Lanoodle Cuddletop over the Flobeds Convoluted topper.

A lot of trial and error to get the perfect mattress configuration. Anyway thanks for the great posts. I'll post a follow up once I get the topper and have a few nights to try it out and give you my impressions.

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 09 Feb 2021 17:12 #6

Thank you so much for your consideration. I have not yet decided on buying this topper since there are no returns if you don't like it.. I am going to do one additional latex layer swap from my Talalay medium (ILD28), to Talalay medium/soft (24ILD). I'll let you know how that goes.

I hear you regarding the pressure relief for side sleepers (me being about the same size as you). I'm getting closer to my goal though!

I used to have a Saatva Classic innerspring but after 4 years the polyfoam euro pillow top started to compress (not sag, just flatten).

Regards,
-Spoonman

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 10 Feb 2021 06:28 #7

I'll be curious what you guys think of each of those toppers because one is talalay and the other I believe is dunlop which obviously respond quite differently to load (I'm similar size to you both). It would be good to see if we could figure out a DIY setup that worked really well for bigger folks because it's so hard to find mattresses that work no matter what you budget is.

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 01 Mar 2021 08:07 #8

Hi Mattrebuild,

I spoke with Dewey at FloBeds and they are hoping to have my convoluted foam topper ship out by March 12th. So still a few weeks before I receive it. Not sure with the pandemic if there is a latex production shortage, but its around a 1 month lead time from Flobeds for this topper. You are correct, it's definitely a challenge for larger folks to find the right setup. Being a larger side sleeper I need a little extra plushness on the top layer to take pressure off my shoulder and hips. I have been trying a number of things to get my ideal setup. I just got a new side sleeper talalay latex pillow from Sleep Artisan replacing a 3 year old Nest Easy Breather pillow (Memory Foam) The latex has a different feeling than memory foam and its taking some time to get used to, but so far I'm enjoying the new pillow. The pillow allows me to take out the latex fill and adjust it to get the correct spinal alignment. I love pillow that allow for customizing the exact amount of fill.

Once the Convoluted topper arrives and I've had some time to sleep on it, I'll let you know how it feels and if it improves the overall comfort of my hips and shoulders. I figured I would start with a small adjustment to the mattress. From there if I need more softness/support I can look at additional options such as a LaNoodle or Wool topper. I'm a light sleeper and so the slightest disruption can affect my sleep quality. I have a wish list of different things I am trying to implement to improve my sleep. As I've learned from this great community, everyone has different preferences and what works for one person may not work for someone else. You have to be open to trying new things and adjust your sleep system to make it work for you.

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 01 Mar 2021 08:49 #9

Cool! Thanks MAK!

FloBeds - Natural Talalay Latex 2" Convoluted (Eggcrate) Topper 01 Mar 2021 10:17 #10

Great info MAK, thanks. I spoke to Dewey on Friday because I had some questions about their Vzone bed and we got talking about the supply chain issues. He said that Talalay Global had a large backlog they were working through due to the shutdowns they went through because of Covid. I don't know if those convoluted toppers are made by TG also (they are talalay so it's either TG or Radium) but he also said that he was expecting delivery very soon (I thought he said next week). Sounded like cupply chain issues should smooth out alot more later this year but that it will be tight for at least another 6 months or so.