I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 20 Jun 2021 09:12 #1

Hey,
as i said I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk in no longer then 4 weeks.
Im 73kg, i dont sweat in my sleep, i bought matresses around the 500 euros, the bed frame is new and good,
Im running out of ideas
does someone knows whats wrong?

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 21 Jun 2021 20:18 #2

Hi Yoav.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :)

I am sorry to hear of your struggles and the sinking mattress saga.

Is the mattress you are currently on also sagging? Because this has happened with multiple mattresses, it leads me to believe the bed frame could be the culprit. Have you tried moving any of these mattresses to the floor to see if they continue to sink when slept upon?

Another question I have is what kind of mattresses these are (innerspring, foam)?

Also, could you please - if you are comfortable doing so - let me know your height as well?

Looking forward to helping you figure this out!

NikkiTMU
Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read The Mattress Shopping Tutorial. . Click here for TMU Discount Codes if purchasing from Our Trusted Members.

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 29 Jul 2021 11:32 #3

Hey Nikki,
sorry for the late response (I'm a student).
The current mattress, that I have, isn't really a mattress. I've placed a wooden plate on my bed and on top of that a topper. It's not the best solution, but it's not killing my back. So no, it's not sagging
The bed frame is not older than a year, and I think that the quality is fairly good. That also came to mind that maybe it has something to do with the frame, hence the wooden plate.
They were both innerspring(with a layer of foam on top) and foam.
I am 1.73 meter.

Yoav

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 30 Jul 2021 21:11 #4

Hi Yoav.

Thanks for the additional information.

My guess is it is not the innerspring that was failing/sagging with your previous mattresses and innersprings are rarely the weak links in a mattress. More likely, the memory foam or polyfoam in these mattresses is cheap and not an adequate density for your durability needs.

I wonder if you would be able to borrow a traditional innerspring mattress from someone, and place your topper on it to see if you experience sagging or not.

Have you used this topper across mattresses, or is the topper new as well?

NikkiTMU

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 31 Jul 2021 10:35 #5

Hey Nikki,

Yes, I also think it's more likely, that the foam is sagging, rater the spring.
Unfortunately, I don't have someone from whom I can borrow a spring mattress.
I've tried this topper only on one mattress so far.

I normally (and due to corona) order the mattresses on Amazon and I get a complete refund on them.
But I genuinely don't know which mattress is good for me, what price range I should look for. Are there some mattresses in Ikea or some other international company that worth checking (lives in Germany)?

Yoav

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 31 Jul 2021 11:14 #6

Hey again,

I've found two mattresses that looks interesting and would like to hear your opinion.

www.ikea.com/de/de/p/vadsoe-federkernmatratze-fest-hellblau-90451229/
this one is an innerspring, with top layer of wadding and foam.

www.amazon.de/dp/B07FDC7XJB/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apip_GV97YPjHNKw57?th=1
this one is only cold foam, but a friend has it for a year and says it's still good for him

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 31 Jul 2021 21:30 #7

Hi Yoav.

When foam sags, it is likely due to the fact that it is cheap and not durable for your body.

I am unsure of your sleeping position but you can read more about how thick the comfort layer in a mattress should be based on sleeping positions in this article . We also have a useful resource that discusses mattress budget .

As for density, the recommendation we make for polyfoam is 1.8 lb per cubic foot or higher and for memory foam, at least 4 lb per cubic foot. Unfortunately, I was not able to find this information about either of the mattresses you sent.

If you are able to find that information please let me know and I will happily evaluate it for you!
NikkiTMU

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 01 Aug 2021 11:46 #8

Hey Nikki,

I sleep mostly on the back or on the side.
For the density; the One from IKEA is 25 kg/m³ or 1.5607 lb per cubic foot.
For the mattress from Amazon, I couldn't find either the density

Yoav

I bought over 8 matresses in the last 4 years, every single one of them sunk 01 Aug 2021 11:55 #9

Hey again,
sorry, I can't find the edit button
I've seen another interesting mattress,
www.ikea.com/de/de/p/hyllestad-taschenfederkernmatratze-mittelfest-weiss-20425856/
its spring pockets with latex layer on top, the density is as well 25 kg/m³ or 1.5607 lb per cubic foot.
what do you think?

The Mattress UndergroundCopyright © 2021 The Mattress Underground.