>

Welcome to The Mattress Underground FORUM! :cheer:
The first place to start your research is the Mattress Shopping Tutorial
Select the Search Forum tab below to gain access to answers to many mattress related questions.
Select the Ask An Expert tab below to reach out to any of our Expert Members for guidance and advice.

Welcome to The Mattress Underground FORUM! :cheer:
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC:

Need help for my 6 layer pure latex quest. 16 Sep 2021 01:22 #1

Hi there,

I need most of your expert and experience advice.
My wife and I are both 6’6 and weight a total 280 pounds.
I am planning to build a super soft 6 layer latex queen mattress. I need it super soft as my wife and I are 95% side sleepers while the other 5% is random as well as I have dislocated both my shoulders early age due to extremes sports.

My initial plan is to have a 5cm 90D Dunlop, 7.5cm (2.75”) 85D, 5cm 80D, 3” 28ild blended talalay, 3” 19ild blended talalay and a 3”14ild blended talalay. Than I realize I miscalculated as I needed 16” mattress to fit into my old sheets and stuff. (Don’t ask me how I come up with the numbers cos I wanted to replicates my Omazz but yet makes it even softer.
Therefore I seek your humble advice as to where should I add 2” to my config? Would the core be too little if I add to my top or would my mattress end up too firm if I add 2” to either the 80D or the 90D or so I add another 2” of original super soft talalay?

If it helps, all the latex are 7 zone latex except for the talalay.

I’m currently trying out a 21cm tempur cloud but due to the thickness, I’m not really enjoying the softness of the mattress also it’s bad when it don’t bounce. :P :P
Thanks a lot in advance.

With warm regards,
Acidblaze

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need help for my 6 layer pure latex quest. 18 Sep 2021 18:00 #2

Hi Acidblaze.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :)

A16" configuration is quite the tall mattress! Is this the height of the mattress you've been sleeping on? (I'm assuming so, because you mentioned your bedding fits to this size.)

I would be wary about adding any more thickness to your comfort layers, as you've already got 6" of very soft latex, and it's my concern that additional foam here would be detrimental to your alignment.

It's probably safest to add this 2" to your base layer as it's furthest from your body. Do you have a mattress encasement? Could the encasement perhaps help make up for these 2" or does it have to be foam?

Thanks for answering my 20 questions :)
NikkiTMU
Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read The Mattress Shopping Tutorial. . Click here for TMU Discount Codes if purchasing from Our Trusted Members.
For any mattress questions Ask An Expert on our forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need help for my 6 layer pure latex quest. 19 Sep 2021 19:59 #3

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the reply, yeah I’m used to high mattress as it give me a very good floating feeling. I do agree that I have to many soft layers on top so I will be adding a 2”90D at the bottom to balance out.

As most of my encasement are from taobao, I’m hope it does not change shape when I was and dry them lol. Fingers xx.

Thanks again for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need help for my 6 layer pure latex quest. 20 Sep 2021 18:37 #4

Hi AcidBlaze.

We look forward to any updates you may have as you move forward. We will also keep our fingers crossed for your mattress encasement :)

NikkiTMU
Researching for a mattress?... Be sure to read The Mattress Shopping Tutorial. . Click here for TMU Discount Codes if purchasing from Our Trusted Members.
For any mattress questions Ask An Expert on our forum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: NikkiTMU
The Mattress UndergroundCopyright © 2021 The Mattress Underground.
TheMattressUndergounf
TMU
TheMattressUndergounf