Chicago Burbs Retailers? 25 May 2012 04:05 #1

I did a search and I found a thread about the place in LaGrange. I looked at their site, and it seems that their selection is limited. Are there any other recommended places in the Chicago burbs?

BTW, I was shopping the local stores today and the sales person actually asked me if I was secret shopping him because of the knowledge I learned here! I told him it wouldn't be a secret if I said anything. Hilarious. Low pressure, but he still used some of the tricks before I left.

Thanks for the info, and any help you can provide.

Mike

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 25 May 2012 05:58 #2

Hi iimmiketoo,

My Green Mattress is the natural side of their business. They also have a sister site www.qualitysleepshop.com/ which has a wider variety of mattresses (they make a full range of mattress types). They are one of the members of this site which means I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of quality and value. They would be my priority anywhere within about an hour of Chicago.

The only other factory direct manufacturer within about 50 miles or so that I would consider is verlo.com/locations/ which is a regional factory direct manufacturer with a number of stores in the Chicago region and makes a full range of mattresses which are better quality/value than most of their mainstream competitors.

There are some other options that may not be in the same quality/value range, have less selection, or involve a longer drive listed in post #4 here (in this same thread) but I personally wouldn't stray too far from My Green Mattress/Quality Sleep if I was in the Chicago area.

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Updating link to https: status

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 25 May 2012 12:47 #3

Thank you. I will be heading there soon. Looks like just the place!

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 25 May 2012 17:35 #4

Hi immiketoo,

For the sake of completeness ... I should add a few more that are either further away or not in the same value range in the Chicago area but may be of interest for someone that was closer and is reading this thread. They are ...

www.roomandboard.com/catalog/bedroom/randb-mattresses Retail direct outlet in Chicago. Their mattresses are made by Restwell in Minnesota but the quality/value is not in the same range as what I've already listed in post #2.

www.northshorebedding.com/ in Northbrook, IL that carries Savvy Rest, OMI, SleepTek and Suite Sleep which are all high quality latex mattresses (including both Talalay and Dunlop) with good customizing options but are in a more premium price range.

www.ikea.com/us/en/ Bolingbrook and Schaumburg, IL. See post #3 here for more about their mattresses.

Retailer in Downers Grove (23), Orland Park (27), Schaumberg (31), Lincolnshire (31), Naperville (34), IL. and Greenfield, Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, WI. They carry mattresses made by Claire Bedding which is a wholesale mattress manufacturer in Escanabe, MI who are a Restonic licensee and also make their own line called Platinum Dreams which are very nice and include several 2 sided all latex mattresses and others. In my conversations with both Clare bedding and Pennymustard I have found them to be open and helpful about their mattresses and they are good people. Of course each of the pennymustard outlets may have different people but I would suspect that they would all be higher quality salespeople that are more knowledgeable than most.
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: pennymustard.com/ | Archived Footprint 2:clarebedding.com/dealers.asp

www.unpluggedfurniture.com/ Retailer in Chicago, Naperville, Bataqvia, Crystal Lake, IL. Also carry Restonic mattresses made by Clare Bedding.

Another member of our site which I also consider to be among the best of the best is within 100 miles and would make a great choice for those who were close enough to pay them a visit.

Beloit, WI and Rockford, IL
ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: beloitmattress.com/

The Milwaukee area has one other manufacturer that I would consider if you are willing to drive into WI anyway and they are listed in post #2 here .

There is also a Denver Mattress in Rockford, IL. They are a regional factory direct manufacturer which makes a range of good quality and value mattresses including a mostly latex mattress/topper combination and a memory foam option but I wouldn't consider any of the other brands they also carry.

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: marrsalesmattress.com/index.htm
www.magicsleepmattress.com/ Factory direct manufacturer in Marseilles, IL. They focus more on wholesale than factory direct to consumers but they do have a showroom where they will sell direct to consumers. They tend to use polyfoam in the 1.2 to 1.8 lb range and their memory foam is mostly in the 4 lb range and while they are working towards introducing a latex line ... they currently only use latex in thin layers as part of some memory foam models. While they don't "volunteer" density information as a matter of course (because they realize that most consumers don't know the difference) .... they will disclose the specs of their foam to anyone who asks.

The earlier post #2 and this list includes everything that I'm aware of and would consider within about 100 miles of Chicago.

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Removed Page Not Found Link (404 Error) and Updating link to https: status

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 18 Jul 2014 11:05 #5

Great site, thanks for all the info. I'm looking to replace my Verlo bed that I've had waaaaay to long. I'm going to check out Quality on Monday.

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 18 Jul 2014 12:02 #6

Hi Shaunp,

As you probably know ... I think highly of Quality Sleep Shop and many of the members here that have purchased their mattress there do as well ( see here for example).

I'm looking forward to your feedback after your visit :)

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Updating link to https: status

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 19 Apr 2015 07:43 #7

I pass through Chicago weekly from Indiana to Wisconsin. I happened upon this site as I look for a mattress I can truly "love" (made a mistake a few months ago, now trying to correct it). I am considering Saatva, but also now because of this site will be looking at 'quality sleep shop' which was recommended.. if you know of any place around Madison Wisconsin I'd appreciate that input as well. Great site we appreciate all the good info

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 19 Apr 2015 09:55 #8

Hi bhindiana,

I am considering Saatva,

You can see some thoughts and feedback about Saatva in post #1 here and the rest of the topic and a forum search on Saatva (you can just click the link) will bring up more comments and feedback about them as well. In very general terms for most people it would be a "better than average" quality/value choice compared to most of the mainstream mattresses made by the major manufacturers but it wouldn't be in the same "quality/value" range as many of the other options that most of the members here would know about as a result of the information on the site.

As you know they are one of the members here which means that I think very highly of them and I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

The better options or possibilities I'm aware of in the Madison, WI area (subject to the quality/value guidelines here ) are listed in post #5 here .

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Updating link to https: status

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 19 Apr 2015 10:49 #9

THANKS SO MUCH !! I just researched Beloit Bedding Company.. very interesting products to look into. thanks for providing some alternatives to the major brands that just seem to fall short all the time. Im very anxious to look into these two places and move forward with a mattress I can truly "live" with. this time i'll take my time and not get stuck with an average product that I cant wait to unload.. Man am I glad I stumbled across this site.. !!!

Re: Chicago Burbs Retailers? 19 Apr 2015 13:41 #10

Hi bhindiana,

As you know Beloit is also a member of this site and I think very highly of them as well. Between the knowledge, experience, and guidance of both of them it would be very difficult to go wrong :)

Man am I glad I stumbled across this site.. !!!

I'm glad you found us as well and I'm looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Last edit: by Administrator TMU. Reason: Updating link to https: status