Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Eco Sleep Hybrid and Latex for Kids 08 Apr 2018 13:54 #1

I am looking for a full-size mattress to put in our camper. We will only sleep on this mattress maybe a dozen nights a year. I've asked about camper mattresses on this forum before, but narrowed my choices to these 2 for the moment. I think the Eco is 10", which is as thick as we can go.

The ones I'm looking at is: Eco Sleep Hybrid and the Latex for Kids. I have questions on both.

Eco Sleep: Would this mattress be suitable to put in a camper? We primarily want it to be supportive, comfortable, doesn't sleep hot, breathable, etc. This one is most like what we have at home (Flexus Quadra-Flex). Is there any firmness ILD between soft 19 and medium 28?

Latex for Kids: I know this is geared toward kids, but would this be supportive enough for adults (h: 205# stomach/side & me: 165# side/back). How breathable is this mattress with the latex glued together? I like the price and I like that it is only 7" thick, but maybe that wouldn't be thick enough for people of our sizes. I would also be concerned about feeling the seams. Can you give me your thoughts on if this mattress would be appropriate for us?

Do you have any other ideas, maybe diy options, that we could use for our camper? It would be great if it cost less that the Eco Sleep.

Thank you.

Last edit: by jakofin.

Eco Sleep Hybrid and Latex for Kids 09 Apr 2018 09:36 #2

Thank you for the question. I would choose the Latex bed for kids in this case and choose the Medium firmness. It will absolutely support 2 adults and breathe just like any other latex mattress. I use a Queen just like this in my RV. You will not notice the seams at all, the adhesive dries soft. When latex mattresses were first made they were only 5" thick and I've seen those last over 50 years.

Eco Sleep Hybrid and Latex for Kids 11 Apr 2018 06:08 #3

Thank you for your response. I'm definitely leaning towards getting the Latex bed for kids to save a little money. I know "feel" is very subjective, but can you compare the feel of this one to the Eco Sleep?

I think I read that there is a 90 day (?) trial and we would pay shipping. Is that right? I assume it comes compressed, so how would we return either one if we weren't happy with it?

Eco Sleep Hybrid and Latex for Kids 11 Apr 2018 09:02 #4

You can't really compare the feel between a spring base and a latex base because they are very different. Springs of course will give the bounce factor where latex has very little bounce. Both models will conform to your body curves. The Eco is 4" taller than the kids bed so if you plan to use it in a bunk bed then the Eco would be too tall. We have a 60 day return policy and have videos showing how to compress and roll in the unlikely event you are not satisfied.

Eco Sleep Hybrid and Latex for Kids 16 Apr 2018 06:33 #5

Thank you for being patient with me! I can't seem to decide what I want in our camper... but it has to be comfortable!
I prefer a softer bed... too firm makes my hips and shoulders ache. Again, this is subjective, but how firm is the kids bed compared to the eco? I think that is my biggest hesitation... that the kids bed would be too firm.
Also, what protector would you recommend for the camper mattress? It needs to be quiet, not crinkly, and not sleep hot. I don't want it to change the feel of the bed, either.

Eco Sleep Hybrid and Latex for Kids 16 Apr 2018 09:35 #6

Our kids bed comes with your choice of soft, medium, firm or a firm/soft combination so you can flip it for a different firmness. Personally I would choose soft if I were in your situation. I would also not use a mattress protector but just a simple mattress pad (non waterproof).

Moderators: Arizona Premium