Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 24 Apr 2018 17:48 #1

Hi everyone,

I have tested an old version Pure Talalay Bliss mattress today (Balance) and i really liked it. I was told that this model has been discontinued, however, I am considering to buy separate layers and building my own mattress. I also tested pamper (too firm for me), and "Nature" which was ok, but maybe a little too firm. I would like to know what firmness of natural latex (dunlop or talalay would be the same firmness as the base 7"core in their "Balance" old model???

Can anyone help me please, I would appreciate.

Thanks :)

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 30 Apr 2018 02:18 #2

Hi lkirik2000.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :)

I can save you the trouble of finding out the layering of this mattress as I found it in some old records for the PTB Ballance (9")
  • 2" ActiveFUSION Fast Natural Talalay; This is blended Talalay latex with phase change gel added to help with temperature regulation. It is a high quality and durable material.
  • 7" Bonded Foam/Latex: This is a blend of polyfoam and latex similar to carpet padding where pieces of each material are compressed and bonded together. it is also a very durable material.
    I am not very sure what the ILD is but you may want to call Sleepworks here to see if they have the complete specs and then hand this over to Ken to help you approximate the feel you are looking for.

This would be what is called a latex hybrid which is a combination of latex in the comfort layers and a polyfoam support layer (or in this case a type or latex/polyfoam blend). This mattress was on the lower end of their line because it only has 2" of latex but all the materials were good quality and durable. The latex comfort layer may have been a little on the soft side (I am not very sure but I believe that it was 19 ILD) but it was also thin so that the "feel" of the firmer support layer did come through enough.

You can also read more about a polyfoam/latex hybrid and how it compares to an all latex mattress in post #2 here . In the case of the PLB, the support layer is higher quality than "regular" polyfoam so the difference may not be as much although how each performs and feels to you would be my primary consideration.

You are on the right track by seeking guidance from an experienced manufacturer such as Arizona Premium. Ken is very knowledgeable and extremely experienced to best approximate a mattress feel based on all the specs and your personal needs and preferences you may provide.

I know the feeling of finding something just right and striving to replicate it ... good luck with the mattress matching.

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 30 Apr 2018 12:54 #3

I'm not even familiar with those models and that's surprising because I used to sell PLB along side our own products. Their 7" core is probably no different than what most use in that type of mattress including us. It's going to be equivalent to the #36 Talalay PLB uses in the Nature and Beautiful and most of their current models. It is a pure polyfoam core however and you can find our specs here - www.mattresses.net/7cebafofordi.html
If you thought the Nature was a little firm then I would suggest topping this 7" core off with 3" of #19 Talalay. 2" is not enough as you would go right through it but 3" will usually do the job if you are under 200 lbs.

Last edit: by Arizona Premium.

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 09 May 2018 21:51 #4

Does anyone happen to know the ILDs of the OLD Pure Latex Bliss/Pure Talalay Bliss Talalay Latex Toppers? I'm looking for the ILDs of the whichever ones would have been manufactured at around 2012 (I believe they have a new model now so I don't know if the ILDs have changed).

Thanks! ^_^

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 10 May 2018 09:18 #5

As far back as I can remember they used a 14 ILD for the top layer

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 10 May 2018 10:46 #6

Well, more specifically I meant the two mattress toppers (Plush and Firm) that they offer separate from their mattresses:

puretalalaybliss.com/product/custom-fit-3-plush-topper/
puretalalaybliss.com/product/custom-fit-3-firm-topper/

Last edit: by Hayden.

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 10 May 2018 12:38 #7

14 ILD for the plush and 28 ILD for the firm.

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 10 May 2018 17:26 #8

Thank you! c:

Last edit: by Hayden.

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 14 May 2018 11:03 #9

My pleasure.

Pure Latex Bliss specs (Balance, Charm, Vitality models) 20 Nov 2018 11:54 #10

The plush topper has changed to being more like ILD 21 - we just purchased one a few months ago after our original ILD 14 bought a few years back needed replacing. It is definitely firmer than the older models... which we actually like better. Perhaps Phoenix can find out the exact new ILD of the toppers.

Moderators: Arizona Premium