Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Which adjustable base? 08 May 2018 15:06 #1

I split my post into two parts rather than let it get too long. I would like to ask about adjustable bases here. I know this is mainly a mattress site but I have seen the bases discussed here also so hopefully this is okay.

For the split king adjustable base we are looking for I had pretty much decided on Leggett and Platt as they have been around a long time and seem to have a good reputation as far as I can tell. As I mentioned in my previous post we are looking at latex mattresses and the owner of the store where we were looking said that he previously had Leggett and Platt and they didn't hold up well under the weight of a latex mattress. That really surprised me to say the least.

What he recommended for the adjustable base was a Savana 200si. It seems to be a very basic model with no bells and whistles at all. They are found on the internet at us-adjustablebeds.com. That is the only place on the internet I can find them at all. I am not even able to determine what company makes them or where they are made. Is this model familiar to any of you at all? It worries me a little that I can find nothing on the internet other than this one site.

When I asked him what models of the Leggett and Platt gave him trouble with the weight of the latex mattresses he couldn't remember so it probably has been a while and maybe earlier models than are available now, I don't know. The Leggett and Platts I am looking at cost more than the Savana 200si but i don't mind if it gives me a better quality and longer lasting bed. I just can't find anything on the Savana to be able to compare them. Thanks so much to anyone that is able to offer help here!

Which adjustable base? 08 May 2018 15:58 #2

Here in my store I have sold hundreds of Leggett and Platt bases with nothing but latex mattresses on top and have not had a single problem with weight or anything else for that matter. They are one of the most reliable bases on the market and have great customer support. I've been a dealer for over 20 years. Almost all of their models are made in the USA with the exception of the electronics. The S-Cape 2.0 is a solid performer and has the features most people would need. I've never heard of Savana 200si and suspect it's probably made in China like most adjustables these days.
Besides Leggett and Platt, Reverie is a solid company with good customer support. Southerland Bedding makes the strongest adjustable bed but they have limited distribution (see my video entitled "Strongest Adjustable Bed". Ergomotion and Bed Tech are both Chinese made but solid performers. Last but not least is Glideway who also manufacturers here in the U.S. and a solid company.

When buying an item like this you do have to look at the company and the warranty because you will probably have this for 20 years plus. Most of these new startup companies, not just adjustable but mattresses too, will probably not be around in 10-15 years to support you if you have a warranty issue. A company like Leggett and Platt isn't going anywhere.

Which adjustable base? 08 May 2018 16:07 #3

You have pretty much confirmed my feelings on the Leggett and Platt and the Savana. The S-Cape 2.0 is one that I am considering. If you haven't heard of the Savana either then I am really skeptical about them. More to take under consideration. Thanks again for the prompt replies.

Which adjustable base? 18 May 2018 17:10 #4

Just adding to this post. I am trying to decide between the new Reverie 7HT and the Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0. The Reverie base is a bit less expensive, and would be purchased from a local dealer, where the L&P would be an online purchase. Both bases have head tilt, which i really want. Is there a compelling reason to go one way or the other?

Which adjustable base? 18 May 2018 17:58 #5

I have the Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 on the way now so once it gets here and I try it for a little while I can let you know what I think. Sorry that I can't help you right now though.

Which adjustable base? 21 May 2018 09:31 #6

I am a Leggett and Platt dealer as well as Reverie and although the Prodigy 2.0 has a lot of bells and whistles it's also problematic. Sometimes too much tech can lead to more problems. I don't like the smooth surface buttons on the Prodigy, it's hard to work because your thumb has to be centered exactly right for the thing to work. The sensors underneath we've had to disable on our showroom model because they were always malfunctioning preventing us from raising or lowering the bed. The Reverie has less tech and would be a more solid choice in my opinion and I do love Leggett and Platt, just not the Prodigy 2.0

Which adjustable base? 21 May 2018 10:26 #7

I kind of wish I would have seen your post before I ordered the Prodigy 2.0 but pretty much all the other input I have seen has been positive so I guess we will just wait and see. You do make a good point though that sometimes too much tech can lead to more problems.

What are the "sensors underneath" and what happens when you disable them?

Which adjustable base? 21 May 2018 11:59 #8

They are there if you have a cat or dog underneath it won't allow you to lower the bed. It falsely detects those things. You can simply unplug them.

Which adjustable base? 21 May 2018 12:10 #9

I guess I will have to warn our three cats! :) Seriously you have been very helpful and I really appreciate it.

Which adjustable base? 21 May 2018 13:48 #10

Thanks everyone for the input. I ordered a reverie base. Will report back once I get it!

Moderators: Arizona Premium
The Mattress UndergroundCopyright © 2021 The Mattress Underground.