Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

6 year old AUP 02 Mar 2019 09:27 #1

I purchased a AUP mattress 6 years ago. For the moat part I have loved it, but the level of comfort has deminished and is to the point that I need to do something about it. I have flipped and rotated the core and topper over the years and it has helped, but it’s to the point where it doesn’t last very long anymore. Should I just buy a new core layer and swap it out? I’m 5’10” 215, side sleeper. My 6” core is the soft rated 28 ILD.
Thanks

6 year old AUP 04 Mar 2019 08:14 #2

I think the biggest issue is you are a little too heavy for a #28 core. You should be on a #32 to get the durability you need. What is the comfort layer?

6 year old AUP 04 Mar 2019 21:20 #3

The comfort layer i have is 2” ILD 21. I have both a 28 and a 33 ILD core for my king bed, I got both originally to try them out, I wasn’t sure which I would be most comfortable with. I have tried the 33 for up to a week at a time, but it is too firm for me so I have mostly used the 28 for the past 6 years.
So maybe I just live with the reality that I need buy a new core every 4-5 years to keep comfortable? I suppose it’s better than a whole new mattress. Or I loose some lbs, that would of corse be good too :)

6 year old AUP 05 Mar 2019 08:46 #4

That is usually what I tell someone who insist on the extra comfort of the softer core. Don't sacrifice comfort for durability. The better thing to do is go with the firmer core but increase the comfort layer from 2" to 3". That way you still have that soft feeling on top but the firmer core will hold up much longer and you only need to replace the 3" every five years instead of the whole core.

6 year old AUP 05 Mar 2019 19:27 #5

Now I kind of want to try the 3” comfort layer idea, but that would end being more $ for me now because I would also need to get a new 9” cover for it to fit a 6” core and, 3” topper, vs my current 8” cover, the two of those end up a few 100 more than just a new soft twin XL core. Maybe I’ll try that idea next time around. Thanks for the help

6 year old AUP 06 Mar 2019 09:07 #6

No problem, let me know if you need anything else.

Moderators: Arizona Premium