Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Nest offered me the newer Latex Hybrid model..should I bother? 10 Jun 2019 11:21 #1

I purchased the natural latex hybrid mattress from Nest in Feb. 2019
I first want to say I really like the mattress. BUT!

A few months before I made the purchase the mattress design included wool woven into the organic cotton cover.
Then...at the time I bought the bed they changed the design to this configuration....leaving out the wool.
1st Layer: Organic Cotton Stretch Knit Fabric
2nd Layer: 2” of Eco Flex Quilting Foam 1.5 Lb density
3rd Layer: 3” of Dunlop Latex Medium: 24 ild / Plush: 14 ild Firm: 36 ild
4th Layer: 2” Eco Friendly Comfort Foam 1.5 Lb density
5th Layer: 7 inches of Leggett and Platt 660 steel coil system
6th Layer: 1 inch support foam 1.8 Lb density

I recently found they added the wool back into the cover. They say to make the profile an inch smaller? Who knows?
now the config is like this:
Cover is Organic Stretch Knit Cotton & Joma Wool
1.5 lb Eco FLex Quilting Foam
3" 27ILD-Medium Oeko-tex Cert. Dunlop Latex1"
1.5lb Eco-Friendly Comfort Foam
6"Caliber Edge Coil Support Pocketed Coils
1"1.5lb Support Foam

Since a big one of my concerns was that the mattress I purchase sleeps as cool as possible as I am a hot sleeper I was annoyed at the possibility that if I waited or they alerted me about the change I could have waited and got the cover that they added the wool back into. Or that I had purchased a version of the mattress that they know could be better and went back to the wool. I know wool helps you sleep cooler and regulate humidity. The mattress is great and pretty cool but I did have a few sweaty nights when it was recently warm at night. Nest says its still a very cool sleeping mattress even with this configuration. But I can't stop thinking that, yeah this is good....but with the wool in the cover it will be better. Do you think it will be noticeably better?

Nest was kind enough to offer to send me the newer model...after I go through the trouble of donating the existing mattress, then purchasing the new bed and then getting a refund.

Its good customer service to offer this.....
But is it worth the trouble?
I have to state that I really like this mattress a lot, but one thing sticks in the back of my mind...."yes you like the mattress, but wouldn't you want to have the same mattress but it be even cooler and more comfey"

Nest offered me the newer Latex Hybrid model..should I bother? 10 Jun 2019 22:24 #2

Hmm, they reduced the height by several inches and reduced the quality of the support foam at the bottom. I'd question whether the mattress feels the same or not. That's a loss of 3".

Nest offered me the newer Latex Hybrid model..should I bother? 11 Jun 2019 05:23 #3

Thanks for the reply Good point. I spoke to a rep today. Very helpful. He agreed with me that newer is not always better.....you would hope any change would be for the better or to have the customer happier with the product. But there is cost cutting...etc...who knows? I could try the newer design but its hard to tell from a short test. Since I do like this mattress I am leaning towards keeping it. A rep from Nest said they feel very similar but certainly encouraged me to test the newer design. Maybe I would prefer the one I have and others would prefer the newer model. Nest says its only reduced by 1 inch on overall height from 13 to 12 inches...but the layers are different...so are the coils. Maybe they did it for shipping reasons? Its also lighter.

Last edit: by bluski.

Nest offered me the newer Latex Hybrid model..should I bother? 11 Jun 2019 09:19 #4

I would just stick with what you got since the newer model might not feel as good as the one you have. You can always buy a wool mattress pad and eliminate all the hassle of the exchange.

Nest offered me the newer Latex Hybrid model..should I bother? 14 Jun 2019 17:57 #5

Ken and April thanks for the advice!
Just for your info I tried the newer version of the mattress today. It wasn't firmer as I thought it would be...it was softer. The cotton/wool cover actually felt kinda mushy...and it wasn't even broken in yet. The sales person told me they changed the design to make the mattress 1 inch shorter....1 inch lower in height (seems like more) and lighter.

I do like the original one I got..so I am not trading for the newer design.
Thanks!

Nest offered me the newer Latex Hybrid model..should I bother? 14 Jun 2019 23:42 #6

It's great that you were able to try it. Proves the grass isn't always greener, huh? lol

Nest offered me the newer Latex Hybrid model..should I bother? 17 Jun 2019 10:16 #7

Either get what you ordered or have them refund your money and try something else.

Last edit: by Arizona Premium. Reason: wrong verbabe