Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

My First DIY Mattress, Do I need the Cover? 22 Jun 2019 17:49 #1

I just placed an order for the queen sized Combi-Zoned Pocket Coil Spring & 3" Talalay Blended topper #28

Its not really in my budget at the moment to get the zippered mattress cover and I don't care about the aesthetics, will I be fine putting it in my regular mattress protector?

And should that be fine to put on slats? Or do the zippered mattress covers have any sort of base that is needed between slats and the springs?

I absolutely love the idea of the DIY Mattress and only stumbled upon it a couple days ago, will be telling all my friends that this is an option.

My First DIY Mattress, Do I need the Cover? 24 Jun 2019 10:50 #2

Yes, your protector and fitted sheet is all you need for now. I would just put on old blanket over the slats until you can get the cover. Thank you for the order as well.

My First DIY Mattress, Do I need the Cover? 08 Jul 2019 09:37 #3

Ken,
What if instead of an old blanket he used a layer of wool on top of the slats like the kind sold here:

healthybodyheadtotoe.com/products/organic-wool-insulator-pads-75-off
Attachments:

My First DIY Mattress, Do I need the Cover? 08 Jul 2019 13:19 #4

That works too, I was just trying to save him money.

My First DIY Mattress, Do I need the Cover? 09 Jul 2019 06:25 #5

So, you don't need a base layer then? Just watched your DIY video on building a pocketed coil mattress, Ken, and there was no base layer underneath the springs.

My First DIY Mattress, Do I need the Cover? 09 Jul 2019 09:51 #6

There was no base layer but there was the extra strength of our cover which is why you should use something extra over the slats. The old blanket was just an idea.

Moderators: Arizona Premium