Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Nest Hybrid Latex vs Charles P. Rogers Estate Lifetime 5 04 Mar 2020 02:54 #1

I’ve done an exhausting amount of research and hundred of miles driving in and out of New York City to narrow my choice down to these two mattresses.

A little back ground, I currently own an old all memory foam mattress from a cheap no name brand that is over 8 years old. I wake up multiple time in the night and it’s always a question where I will be sore and how untested when I get out bed.

I believe I’m predominantly a back sleeper but if I had to guess it’s probably 60% back 30% (possibly more here) side 10% stomach. I’m about 160 lbs.

I seem to like everything I have tried on the softer side of things.

A couple of questions for everyone on this forum as it seems like an incredible resource.

Charles P. Rogers Lifetime 5
In order get a mattress that I feel is soft enough, it basically put you into there highest priced model.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Estate Lifetime 5 or the Powercore nano as I believe it use to be called?
From laying on it it feels very solidly built, and is soft, but at double the cost of the nest latex hybrid this should be true as it wouldn’t even be a consideration otherwise.

They claim it’s the last mattress you’ll ever buy which is interesting. However the warranty from nest from what I can find seems more detailed.

Nest Bedding Latex Hybrid
This to me feels like an incredible mattress at an incredible price point. The fact that I’m even comparing this mattress with one double it’s cost speaks to its level comfort. I also felt like this mattress was more comfortable than an extremely over priced beautyrest black in the standard brick and mortar stores.

A few questions / reservations about this mattress.

I tested the hybrid latex in both medium and plush. I liked the plush more. Will the medium mattress get softer over time?
I wonder how long the floor models stay setup in their showroom?
What is the anticipated durability of this mattress? It seems like it uses high quality materials, and should last a while, but it’s hard to say how long it last.

I have read through many reviews and comments here and throughout the internet and the decision has come to these two mattresses. Any feedback from people that know about these models or own either would be very helpful.

Thanks

Nest Hybrid Latex vs Charles P. Rogers Estate Lifetime 5 04 Mar 2020 03:11 #2

I am not sure medium will get much softer overtime. I would go with softer one, especially, if you are a side sleeper. One thing I discovered with latex is that a non-stretch mattress cover can firm it up quite a bit. In fact, I had to stop using such a cover because my medium latex topper felt like concrete with it. After removing, medium became much more comfortable.

Nest Hybrid Latex vs Charles P. Rogers Estate Lifetime 5 04 Mar 2020 08:44 #3

We manufacture our own latex hybrids and have been since 2014. If you could send me links to the models you are comparing it would be very helpful and I can advise you better. I know the construction of our products but not everyone else.

Thank you.

Nest Hybrid Latex vs Charles P. Rogers Estate Lifetime 5 04 Mar 2020 09:03 #4

Nest Hybrid Latex
www.nestbedding.com/products/the-nest-bedding-hybrid-latex

Charles P. Rogers
You have dig a little and pull down the drop downs to get info the lifetime 5.

www.charlesprogers.com/Estate-Lifetime

Nest Hybrid Latex vs Charles P. Rogers Estate Lifetime 5 04 Mar 2020 10:16 #5

The Nest Hybrid is very similar to our entry level Eco Sleep - www.mattresses.net/eco-sleep-promotional-latex-mattress-w-bamboo-cover.html Both use the Caliber Edge pocket coil however we use 1.5" of Joma Wool in our quilted zip off cover instead of .1 as per their website. There is a major cost difference between using 1.5 and .1 We prefer not to add the chemicals of the poly foams since they are not necessary in this design.

As far as CPR 5 goes, we have found that nano coils are actually very inexpensive and really bring nothing to the table that latex doesn't already have. The more layers you have the more chances of failure down the road. It does not appear to have a zippered cover which means you can't change anything if it's not right for you. A good quality pocket coil with 1 or 2 layers of latex will service you for a long time and if you have a zippered cover you can change things down the road if necessary. The CPR 5 looks like a decent bed but then at that price it should be.

Nest Hybrid Latex vs Charles P. Rogers Estate Lifetime 5 04 Mar 2020 17:05 #6

One other significant difference between the Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex and the APM Eco Sleep is that Nest uses Dunlop latex while APM uses Talalay which is more costly and generally considered more conforming.

Moderators: Arizona Premium