Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 09:52 #1

Hi,

I've been looking at the Eco Sleep hybrid mattress and it looks like a great affordable option for a latex hybrid. First off, what material is inside the top portion of the zippered mattress cover that comes with the mattress? Is it some sort of batting? Also, I know that the eco sleep uses bolsa coils compared to the ultimate hybrid model which uses the more expensive combizone coils. I read in a post earlier that while the bolsa doesn't have the same edge support technology as the combizone, the edge coils on the bolsa are still slightly firmer. Would you say this slight edge support is sufficient? Is slumping off a problem on bolsa coils?

Thank you for your responses.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 10:29 #2

Ecosleep costs $1249 in queen. For $860 your can get what I think is a better mattress, either Cocoa-Firm of Cocoa-Soft from Yankee Mattress here . They use Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa coils with edge support, plus coils are 8'', so will contour to your body better. Ecosleep is flippable, but I doubt you will sleep on 1.5'' layer of firm latex. Yankee mattress also has quilting foam in the cover, which is what Nest hybrid latex also uses, so it should be more comfortable. I've read people complain on this website that wool on latex can be a bit too firm. Yankee's satisfaction guarantee policy is also the best I've seen. I ordered it a few days ago, can not wait to try it out.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 11:05 #3

Dear Happycat8, the EcoSleep sleep this person is referring to is the one we make (APM) which has a cost of $749 Queen size. The question was directed at me and your response promoting a different item from another manufacturer is not appropriate in my opinion because you are providing information that was not asked for. Perhaps you were not aware that APM introduced the EcoSleep years ago. EcoSleep is a generic term so anyone can use it but this user was commenting on our version not Brooklyn or Yankee or anyone else.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 11:24 #4

Hi Ken, when I googled Ecosleep, Brooklyn came up, so I didn't realize it was your mattress. Why can't I promote another mattress which I just ordered after a lot of research and which I wish I knew about earlier? I found it accidentally and find it very competitive with any other hydrid latex mattress, so I believe it deserves to be better known. By the way, it is very competitive with your Ecosleep as well, because it uses 8'' QE Elite Bolsa coils rather than 6'', and it has 1.5'' foam in the cover which some people might prefer to wool. Do I violate some policy of themattressunderground? I am happy to email my mattress invoice to the site administrator as a proof that I am just a customer who is mentioning a possible option to other customers.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 11:34 #5

By the way, your Ecosleep version with QE Bolsa 6'' coils costs $845 for a more fair comparison.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 12:58 #6

If you want a fair comparison show me the Joma Wool. I don't think you understand how expensive it is compared to 1.5 ILD gel foam which is 100% chemical. Show me the zippered cover which allows you to make a comfort exchange now or years down the road. They use several inches of poly foam above and below the natural dunlop latex which negates the whole reason why most people want natural latex, no harsh chemicals! Do you know what MT latex ILD @ 25%: 11.5 - 14.5 feels like? Mush! Now you have a fair comparison and further more our Bolsa Queen spring has 1041 coils not 932.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 13:23 #7

Yankee Cocoa Mattress line has QE Bolsa with 1057 coils. I asked them about this discrepancy and they just forgot to update the website. Their Cocoa-Firm has 21-24 ild, not mush. Your wool cover is very nice, I agree. But I found a comment in the discussion of Nest Latex Hybrid (cannot find it now) saying that wool cover felt too firm on latex. And then there is a comment from Nest (see Comment #30 here ) that comfort was exactly the reason why they redesigned their mattress and added 1.5'' quilting foam into the cover, exactly like Yankee Mattress. Cocoa-Firm from Yankee Mattress does not have foam below or above latex layer, only in the cover quilting for comfort. So it's apples and oranges, but to me they are close enough to consider Yankee Mattress over Arizona Premium. And at the end of the day, professionally put together mattress (with all layers nicely attached) was more attractive to me than the ability to unzip the cover, especially, given by far better 100% satisfaction guarantee policy, where you don't even have to ship back the mattress.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 13:29 #8

By the way, Ken, can you please answer mapistrum's questions? I think in our discussion, you forgot about the OP.

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 13:51 #9

Hey happycat8,

Happycat8, I would like to respond directly to your post and question. I concur with Ken Hightower in support of the trusted member program: it is inappropriate for a consumer to respond to another consumer's question with another manufacturer's product/ referral information within that expert trusted member's forum space. The "Ask an Expert" program offers a unique consumer-to-industry expert opportunity where our subscribers ask questions and receive support directly from mattress manufacturers/ retailers chosen by the Mattress Underground for their years of expertise, knowledge and best practices in the industry. In short, when a consumer asks a trusted member direct questions about their products, kindly allow that trusted member a response regarding that particular question/ product. Opinions afterwards are always welcome and part of what is encouraged.

The TMU Forum prides itself on being a "lightly moderated" space where consumers may openly share their questions, research and experiences regarding mattresses, components, brands, etc. No one here minds your chatting about your new mattress purchase (BTW, congrats :) ). That said, please keep in mind that the repetitive product referrals and link sharing you are doing among the expert members' forums feel "promotional" and "spammy", clearly not in the spirit of the General Forum rules. Also, several of your posts addressing expert members' responses sound a bit confrontational and seem unrelated to OPs original questions, creating confusion and distraction for other consumers following. We welcome different points of view here at the TMU and only ask that everyone respect each other and use common courtesy when asking or responding to questions.

Thanks,
Sensei
Sensei(@ TMU Team)

Construction of the Eco Sleep 11 Mar 2020 14:08 #10

Dear Sensei,

I am sorry, I didn't not see that Arizona Premium was asked directly. How can one tell to whom the question was addressed? In the future I will avoid chiming in on such "Ask and Expert" questions.

I am also sorry if my posts sounded confrontational, which I did not mean. In fact, AP's very first response to me sounded confrontational. After that, I tried to politely defend my choice of mattress without using disparaging words (such as "mush", "you don't understand", etc.) But I do understand that words online sometime sound harsher than intended, so I'll be more careful.

Moderators: Arizona Premium