Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Eco Hybrid vs. ? 18 Jun 2020 10:25 #1

Hey Ken. Thank you for all your help and valuable information here on TMU and your website. I actually have quite a few questions. I tried calling your 888 number...and left a message. Is it you who takes the phone calls or someone else?

I am leaning toward a Hybrid, just because it is more affordable. Although, I'd love an all latex. Anywhow....I see the Eco Hybrid on the website. Do you have more than one Hybrid? I saw here on TMU someone had a hybrid with a 2" and a 3" layer of latex. I thought the Hybrids just came with one 3" layer?

Also, I've seen mentioned other models, such as 9000, 10,000, 13,000...?? I don't see these on your website though so I'm a little confused there.

Also, the Bamboo cover.....is this considered "quilted?" I know on another website it said they don't use quilted covers because the quilted cover "dilutes" the benefits of the the Talalay latex. Is that true?

Is the Talaly you use "blended"? I believe I read on your website that "blended" is equally as good...?

Lastly, for now (lol).....I'm actually planning to purchase two mattresses. One would be in our "guest room," which is primarily used for my mom. She is 5'2 or 5'3 and about 190. She also has some arthritis and lots of pressure spots. In her case would the soft Talalay be too soft...? I like the idea of soft for comfort and lots of pressure relief....but would it be supportive enough, or would she need a medium?

Thank you!!

Eco Hybrid vs. ? 18 Jun 2020 10:43 #2

Thank you for the questions. We do have our pre-configured models like the Eco Sleep however you can customize any of our models with additional layers. Many will actually design their own mattresses using our DIY mattress components. Yes, I take almost every call which means the line rolls to voicemail when I'm helping other customers. Quite frankly no one else has the level of expertise that I do so talking directly to me will reduce the chances of making an error in firmness choice.

The models 9000, 10000 or 13000 are NOT our models but rather someone else's.

Yes, our Bamboo cover is quilted to natural wool so we don't have to use chemical fire barriers like those in non quilted covers. Yes, it does take away a little of the feel of latex but would you rather have fire retardants leaching into your skin? I use an extra latex topper over my mattress because toppers are not mattresses and therefor no need for fire barriers and that puts me right on top of the latex so there is a workaround but most people love the bamboo cover.Wool is also great at pulling moisture away from your body and creating a dry sleeping environment and dry equals cool.

Blended vs Natural - no wrong choice. Both are Oeko Tex 100 Class 1 certified and safe for infants. Blended is about 10% more durable and less expensive. Natural is simply a lifestyle choice. We have both and sell mostly Natural Talalay.

For your guest bed I think doing a 2" Medium and 2" soft would be the best way to go. That way your mom can decide which one works best on top.

Eco Hybrid vs. ? 18 Jun 2020 11:48 #3

As for the blended vs. natural. You say you have both but I don't see where I select an option. Is that done over the phone? Is one cheaper than the other?

I will try calling you again. Thank you again for your help and expertise! :-)

Eco Hybrid vs. ? 18 Jun 2020 12:08 #4

snickerful wrote: Thank you Ken! I hope I didn't offend you with the question about the quilted top. I actually love the idea of the bamboo and wool top.....just was a little concerned after reading it "dilutes" the benefits of the latex. I definitely don't want fire retardants leaking into my skin! HA!

I will try calling you again. Thank you again for your help and expertise! :-)

Not Ken, but the Natural is more expensive, look here, diymattress.net/collections/all

The natural is almost $100 more than blended for a 3" queen topper.

Eco Hybrid vs. ? 18 Jun 2020 12:37 #5

Nice chatting with you on the phone Ken. I already have a couple more questions...but I'll call you soon. Thanks for your valuable help! Amy (So Cal Girl). :-)

Eco Hybrid vs. ? 22 Jun 2020 09:12 #6