Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 18 Jun 2021 11:37 #1

I've been researching this site for months and I am very overwhelmed. (But I love the detail!!) I am 5'4", 360, side sleeper, back issues, single sleeper, 61 years old. My ADD has struggled with my research so I'm really needing your advice. I have looked at the Ultimate Hybrid and I think it may meet my needs. My first question is: Will it hold up with my weight?

I like the coil build because I need a firm, durable side support. Are the coil gauges are good going to hold up for me? The Latex helps with cooling and support, but will Talalay hold up well with my weight? What is the durability of Talalay for my weight? I need to have "soft" support for my hips and shoulders. I'm currently on a "fast gifted" firm spring mattress and my body is angry about it. I've laid on several mattresses and found that good support coils and laytex and gel is a nice feel. It might be called the Intellicloud. Anyway, it had a soft feel, but I felt supported. I am aware that a mattress feels different once it's home so I am a bit distrustful that the Intellicloud(?) has the durability I am looking for. I need to get a bed and soon!

My price point is at $1300. Is there anything else you need to know? Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate you being available for questions.

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 21 Jun 2021 10:05 #2

Thank you for reaching out. In your case yes, this model would work fine for a side sleeper. I would choose dunlop vs Talalay in your case as well since Dunlop is better suited for heavy people and will hold up better. Here's a warning however - any foam in soft will not hold up as long as medium for someone in your weight class. If you do choose soft Dunlop be prepared to have to replace it every 4-5 years. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 22 Jun 2021 14:32 #3

Thank you for your reply. I am not looking for a soft foam, just a soft feel with good support. I have to go back and read about Dunlop. It seems that I read something that had me thinking that Talalay would be a better fit for me. How long will a medium Dunlop hold up and give good support with my weight? Will it give a soft feel with medium support? I appreciate your time and responses.

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 23 Jun 2021 08:38 #4

At your weight the medium dunlop should render a fairly soft feel with medium support. You should get about 8-10 years out of it.

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 28 Jun 2021 09:37 #5

Can I add a Talalay topper inside the cover?
Can I call about payment arrangements?
Is there a discount code?

Thank you for your help!

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 28 Jun 2021 11:33 #6

The cover has to made exactly to size so just let us know if you want to add anything inside the cover when ordering. You can call for sure. There is a code on this site for us - mu5

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 29 Jun 2021 15:37 #7

Thank you for all your help! Thank you for the code. I'll give you a call.

Is Ultimate Hybrid okay for a very heavy side sleeper? 29 Jun 2021 17:02 #8