mattressunderground logo
× Welcome to the Expert advice section of the forum. Any mattress questions are welcome.... but make sure you've read the Mattress Shopping tutorial linked in the top right of the page:)

Budget hybrid mattress under 1k (Canada)

23 Aug 2019 12:00 #1 by rxc
Hi!

I am planning to buy a queen sized mattress by September 1st. I have been able to gather a lot of information thanks to this wonderful website, and it's helpful members. I have also tried quite a few different types of mattresses in person.

I would love to get the CBHWood bed system, or the MFC natural latex mattress. But sadly, almost everything I have seen yet on the website is out of my budget.

I need a budget mattress that doesn't need to last longer than 3 years. I will likely be moving in about 3 years, and won't be able to bring the mattress along with me.

Specs:
154 pound, Male, 5'11", 24 years old, have rounded shoulders and not great posture
I sleep on my side, almost all the time

Preferences:
  1. No memory foam, since I don't like getting hot
  2. Latex hybrid, coil or HD/HR foam
  3. No preference on organic/natural
  4. Only needs to last well for 3 years
  5. Costs less than 1k (not including taxes)
  6. Deliverable to Vancouver, Canada

If someone could suggest a few mattresses that meet the preferences that would be fantastic.
I don't know if my preferences are unreasonable, but do let me know if you think so.

• MFC
  • MFC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Member - Retailer
  • Expert Member - Retailer
  • Sleep on a Cloud!
24 Aug 2019 03:42 - 24 Aug 2019 05:39 #2 by MFC
Hi rxc,

Thank you for considering us for your new mattress purchase.

We can make a great mattress for you that will last a minimum of 10 years and be comfortable for side sleepers, here are the specs:
Core: 4" HD 2lb polyurethane foam firm 40 ILD
Top: 4" HR 2.75 lb polyurethane foam soft 20 ILD
Terry Cloth Cover

Cost: $799 CND taxes and delivery included

Please let me know if you have any questions on this mattress,

regards
Last edit: 24 Aug 2019 05:39 by MFC.

24 Aug 2019 13:22 #3 by rxc
Hi MFC,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have a couple of follow-up questions:
  • How long will shipping it to Vancouver, BC take?
  • If the mattress doesn’t suit my needs, is it possible to return it?
  • Are there any competitors you suggest I also look at that may be in similar price range?
  • Do you have any suggestions for hybrid-latex mattresses?
  • Any suggestions for coil mattresses?

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate the help.

• MFC
  • MFC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Member - Retailer
  • Expert Member - Retailer
  • Sleep on a Cloud!
25 Aug 2019 05:05 - 25 Aug 2019 05:39 #4 by MFC
Hi rxc,

How long will shipping it to Vancouver, BC take?

7-10 business days

If the mattress doesn’t suit my needs, is it possible to return it?

Here is our return policy

Sorry, I'm not aware of any

Do you have any suggestions for hybrid-latex mattresses?

Yes we can do one, but it will be over your $1000 budget and since you only want to use the mattress for about 3 years, there's no real advantage of choosing latex over HR foam.

Any suggestions for coil mattresses?

Sorry, we don't sell any, but you'll find more information on what to look for here

Did I answer all your question?
Please let me know if you need any further information.

All the Best!
Mario
Last edit: 25 Aug 2019 05:39 by MFC.

• FREE Consumer Membership & Price Discounts

Offered to consumers who Create an Account to register on OUR FORUM to ask questions or share mattress related experiences. Additionally, Consumer Members of TMU will receive discounts/bonuses from some of the best quality/value Mattress Manufacturers in North America.

• CONNECTING Consumers with Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers

The Mattress Underground (TMU) website connects consumers with the most Trusted Manufacturers & Retailers throughout North America. All TMU Members have agreed to provide TMU consumer members price discounts/bonus higher or equal to all other discounts offered throughout the Internet.

• For eCommerce purchases, please check here for the unique discount code(s) offered by each of the TMU Trusted members.
      • When purchasing locally simply present the referral certificate provided by the TMU Trusted Member linked above or mention “The Mattress Underground” when visiting their store.

• QUALITY Manufacturers & KNOWLEDGEABLE Retailers

The Business membership of this site is by invitation only and is only offered when we are satisfied that what you offer places you in the upper tier of mattress manufacturers & retailers across North America in terms of quality, knowledge & transparency, and service. If you believe that your company meets the quality/value criteria please complete and submit the PMAF form here to start the review process.

Membership Requirements

• Membership Disclosure

The Mattress Underground offers free consumer membership & paid membership for select mattress manufacturers or retailers. Member dues/fees are our source of income as The Mattress Underground is expensive to operate and employs people. For those manufacturers or retailers that have been invited to become members, and for any consumer that wishes to find their "best fit" mattress, we hope you choose to take advantage of what TMU offers as we believe the value of our services and information, our willingness and ability to work on behalf of and connect educated consumers with the better retailers and manufacturers across the US and Canada, are second to none on the internet. Mattress manufacturer and retailer memberships are available for companies that sell directly to consumers, but are by invitation only.

In order to ensure full transparency with our readers, we’d like to disclose the following about our member relationships:

• Consumer have free membership but can voluntarily donate to helping TMU operate.
    • Mattress retailers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees.
    • Mattress manufacturers that qualify to be a Trusted Member pay monthly dues/fees
    More information about the benefits and services that TMU members receive can be found on the Our Services page of this website