Accurate information regarding latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, adjustable bases, latex pillows, etc. Industry professional of over 40 years expertise in the mattress field currently using suppliers Talalay Global, Latexco, Radium Foam, Latex Green and Leggett & Platt.
Replies Timing Note: We will gladly answer your questions Monday through Friday,
....any posts accumulated during weekends will be answered Mondays.
Go to Arizona Premium EXPERT Profile & Articles
Go to Arrizona Premium BUSINESS Profile

Difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa & the Caliber Edge? 01 Oct 2020 10:31 #1

What's the difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa and the Caliber Edge Pocket Coil? I am 6'3" & 235lbs. & a strict side sleeper and I'm wondering if I should go with pocketed coils or stay with a 6" firm Dunlop base. I currently have a soft Talalay 3" topper ontop but I still have pressure points on my broad shoulders and skinny hips. I might just need another transition layer between the base and the soft top but I'm getting nervous throwing more money at this project.

I really thought a DIY bed would be much simpler than it has become but I have faith I will get it right. So far, the weakest link in my bed creation is ME!
-Spoonman

Difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa & the Caliber Edge? 05 Oct 2020 15:54 #2

If I were you I would work with what you have and just add a 2 or 3" Medium Talalay transition layer between the Firm core and soft top.

Difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa & the Caliber Edge? 13 Oct 2020 11:00 #3

Hi Ken,

Purchased your 6" Caliber Edge and received it via FED-EX within just a couple of days! I prefer it much more than my latex core. Just wondering, is there any additional cover I need to add between the pocket coils and the foam? Also, will the coils loosen up a bit more over the next 30 days? They're fine but I'm just considering the feel after the break-in period.

Regards,
-Spoonman

Difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa & the Caliber Edge? 13 Oct 2020 13:43 #4

Nothing is needed extra and the coils will loosen but only a bit over the next few weeks.

Difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa & the Caliber Edge? 17 Oct 2020 11:40 #5

Hi Ken,

Is the "Combi-Zone Pocket Coil by Leggett and Platt" that you sell for a DIY mattress, the same that you use for your "Ultimate Hybrid Pocket Coil Latex Mattresses"?

Thanks!

Difference between Quantum Edge Elite Bolsa & the Caliber Edge? 19 Oct 2020 09:28 #6

Yes, it's the same coil.

Moderators: Arizona Premium